Name change to a Platinum

sheltry

My question revolves around a possible change I'll have to make.

We're booked, 4 in our cabin, on the Elation 8/17. I will find out on 7/20 if my son can keep his spot. If he can't, since we're not on an ES fare, I believe we can change his name to my Mom's name.

I've already purchased FTTF.

My Mom is platinum. If we do change him to her, do we automatically become a 'platinum' cabin with those extras? If so, could I cancel my FTTF for a refund? I'm thinking I'll use that $$$ towards the name change fee ;-)

TIA!

Kind of.....

Because you're all in the same cabin you all will get priority dining assignments, early luggage delivery, boarding, debark and tendering. The cabin will be ready at boarding. Only the Platinum card holder can use the special Guest Services line. Only she will get the Platinum gift. Everyone will get their correct color card.

Do a test print of the boarding pass and luggage tags to see if they say 'Priority'.

Edited by SadieN

Kind of.....

Because you're all in the same cabin you all will get priority dining assignments, early luggage delivery, boarding, debark and tendering. The cabin will be ready at boarding. Only the Platinum card holder can use the special Guest Services line. Only she will get the Platinum gift. Everyone will get their correct color card.

Do a test print of the boarding pass and luggage tags to see if they say 'Priority'.

As long as you are all on one boarding pass. It might be different if you are on separate boarding passes.

Kind of.....

WRONG INFO, below is correct.

QUESTION: Will Guest Services have an additional Platinum line since this may increase the amount of guests using this line onboard?

ANSWER: The VIFP Platinum/Diamond line will be co-branded with FTTF and will be available to Platinum, Diamond and FTTF guests.

WRONG INFO, below is correct.

QUESTION: Will Guest Services have an additional Platinum line since this may increase the amount of guests using this line onboard?

ANSWER: The VIFP Platinum/Diamond line will be co-branded with FTTF and will be available to Platinum, Diamond and FTTF guests.

It is just me or did you actually confirm what the poster stated and not proved them incorrect??? :confused::confused::confused:

It is just me or did you actually confirm what the poster stated and not proved them incorrect??? :confused::confused::confused:

I think she/he was correcting SadieN who may have missed that they also had FTTF so would be able to use Guest Service line.

However, if OP cancels the FTTF, then I doubt if the rest of the cabin will be able to use that line.

I think she/he was correcting SadieN who may have missed that they also had FTTF so would be able to use Guest Service line.

However, if OP cancels the FTTF, then I doubt if the rest of the cabin will be able to use that line.

Ok, I was assuming OP would cancel the FTTF. I was jumping/assuming one step ahead. :-)

As long as you are all on one boarding pass. It might be different if you are on separate boarding passes.

The boarding passes, even if printed by individual, if traveling with a Platinum passenger all say Priority.

If you have a platinum passenger in your cabin you will not need FTTF. Cancel it and get a refund.

Your luggage tags and boarding pass will say priority.

It may be best to print an all in one boarding pass. The boarding pass will list the names of all passengers in the cabin and their VIFP level. Blue, red, gold or platinum. As long as one is platinum you are good to go.

I was answering what would happen if they didn't have FTTF. So all are correct depending on the OP's priority qualification. ;)

If they cancelled FTTF then only the Platinum pax would be able to use the special GS line.

Edited by SadieN