PS Suite - Sapphire Caribe Deck

lindaa

We just booked a PS Suite on the Caribe deck at the very front of the ship (room C104) for a trip to Mexico this spring. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what perks do the PS Suites receive? We just completed a trip on Holland in a suite and had the use of the Neptune Lounge and staff to enjoy. How does Princess compare to Holland?

How is the wrap around balcony in this room? How much does this area feel movement of the ocean?

Appreciate your kind responses. This is our first Princess cruise and are really looking forward to the experience. Thanks.

We were upgraded to B104 (right above C104) from a mini-suite on our April 05 Diamond Princess cruise. If I had the same choice again I would have gone back to the mini-suite.

The balcony is huge and great when we were in port, but it was basically unusable while at sea because it was so windy at the front of the ship. All night long we listened to out deck furniture banging around as it slid around on the deck. One morning we awoke to all the deck furniture in a pile at the back of the balcony against the divider to the next cabin. These rooms also look right down on the crew pool.

Motion was not a big deal until the last day of the cruise. once we left Cabo and headed back north the wind and swells really made for an uncomfortable ride at the front of the ship. This was our 15 or 16th cruise and we had never felt as much motion as we did in this cabin.

The room itself was nice although I thought it a little oddly designed because of its location in a corner. It is basically separated into two rooms. There is a sitting room with a TV and fridge etc. and a separate bedroom. This worked out great for us since we had a third person with and we were able to have our own space.

The suite perks were nice, but nothing to get worked up about. The mini-bar setup consisted of 8 single serving size bottles of various alcohol and some mixers in the fridge. You get a menu every evening from which you can select canapes for before dinner for the next day. You get an expanded room service breakfast menu which includes some hot items not on the typical continental breakfast room service menu. You get slippers in the room with your robe. Although they are one size fits all and were much to small for me. You get some personalized stationary which we had really no use for. The brought us boutonnieres and corsages on the first formal night. I am sure I am missing items, but you get the idea.

Overall we had a great time, but I can't say that I would recommend the rooms on the front of the Diamond/Sapphire. If I was going to book a suite I would go for the ones at the back of the ship.

I got to agree with c-cruise. We were also upgraded from a mini-suite and was in the same room as they were(B-104).During sailing you could not use the balcony because of the wind and rocking motion. During the day the room steward locked the door between the main balcony and the wrap-around of the balcony that went in front of the ship because of the wind and motion. The room itself was very nice, had the experience of a suite but I would not buy that room or if I was upgraded to it again I would turn it down. I would also go for the suites in the middle or aft. We still had a great time on the cruise and I hope you do to but maybe try for a suite in the middle or aft of the ship.

Marilyn

Definitely get a suitein the back of the ship!

We just came off the Caribbean Princess and had a VS in the back of the ship and it was wonderful! There is virtually no wind at the very back, and we used our huge balcony all the time. Having hot breakfasts on our balcony was absolutely wonderful and we used room service ALOT! As for perks, they are going through an "additional" perks faze, and we were caught up in the middle. so some additional things we got and others we did not:

Lighted make-up mirror: we got that and LOVED it!

slippers: did not get,did not ask becasue we did not want them

DVD/CD player: did not get. did not ask becasue we did not need.

upgraded mattresses, euroopean sheets, etc: did not get, and boy do we

wish we did~~~ We did ask our cabin steward for an egg crate tho, which helped.

the Canapies, flowers, etc that the other poster stated we did get, although we did not order every night, as we tended to get sick of them lol.

we absolutely LOVED the priority embarkation, as we were on the ship in 25 minutes from parking in the parking garage to getting in our suite!

You are supposed to get a Princess Tote bag, so I did go to the pursers desk and asked them for one, they called our cabin about 2 hours later and said to go pick one up in the shop, that there would be one waiting for me, and sure enough it was!!

They are in the process of implementing all the additional things, but it takes some time to get them all done. :)

Thanks all for the feedback. VERY helpful! :eek: Yikes.....

I've read this thread with interest, as I recently chickened out of a front suite on NCL having held the cabin for 8 months, reverting to an aft suite which unexpectedly became available.

On our forthcoming Sapphire cruise - this time I went directly for an aft Vista Suite without hesitation!

Now I know, I did the right thing on both! :)

(I have done an NCL aft suite before and it was wonderful...)

I meant to add that one of the most appealing perks for us of the suites on Princess is the complimentary laundry and dry cleaning.

It's going to be lovely travelling light for our 16 nt cruise, knowing that if something's creased after our 13hr flight I can send it away for free to come back clean and pressed! ...Not to mention the fact that I now don't need to pack 16 T-shirts etc :) .

(I don't thinks this applies to mini-suites though)

Archived