Are ferry fares good for one way?

danyel

The fare...$5 cash (in coins) or tokens you buy for $4.50 are good for a one way ride. The return will require another fare.

I can't understand why people even think about paying cash, when it requires exact change in coins and costs more than any other means of paying ferry and bus fares. At the very least save $.50 per ride by buying tokens...or save even more per ride if you're going to use the system more extensively and buy transportation passes or ticket books. Tokens, passes and tickets all are easier to use too...no need to carry large numbers of coins.

It would be worth it to me to pay the extra .50 cents if that meant I didn't have to wait in line to get a token. :)

Agreed. Maybe some day cruise line start to sell tokens and passes on board.

Charge $5.00 / token

Charge $5.00 / token

Exactly. I can either wait in line to get a token then go and try to fight for a spot in line at the ferry with everyone else who was trying to get passes/tokens...or for .50 cents I can walk off the boat and go directly to board the ferry.

I've waited in the line for passes/tokens and it can be LOOOOONNNGGG especially that first day!

Exactly. I can either wait in line to get a token then go and try to fight for a spot in line at the ferry with everyone else who was trying to get passes/tokens...or for .50 cents I can walk off the boat and go directly to board the ferry.

I've waited in the line for passes/tokens and it can be LOOOOONNNGGG especially that first day!

Or walk past the line past the ferry and into the little building on the common and buy em. ;)

Charge $5.00 / token

A number of years ago a couple of lines did sell the transportation passes on board and I think there were some reports more recently but that's been a couple of years ago. It sure would make it easier if the ships sold the passes but cruise lines look at everything from every possible way and must have decided for some reason they don't want to do it.

And people couldn't wait for the big ships to start going to Bermuda. Never saw such long lines for the buses and ferries before the advent of the "biggies". All I can think of is, be careful for what you wish. ;)

Do the ferries only take coins? Or is that just buses? I'm inclined just to pay cash and get passes at the other end.

Thanks!

A number of years ago a couple of lines did sell the transportation passes on board and I think there were some reports more recently but that's been a couple of years ago. It sure would make it easier if the ships sold the passes but cruise lines look at everything from every possible way and must have decided for some reason they don't want to do it.

And people couldn't wait for the big ships to start going to Bermuda. Never saw such long lines for the buses and ferries before the advent of the "biggies". All I can think of is, be careful for what you wish. ;)

Norwegian Breakaway generally has two day transportation passes available, but not tokens or the one and three day passes.