QM2 Light Show in NY on July 14, 2015

BlueRiband

Thanks for posting the video of the light show. Well done.

If you haven't seen this already, here is a video from Cunard that discusses the preparations for the light show. As you surmised on the "Late departure for the QM2" thread, this video mentions that the light show did require obtaining clearance from the FAA.

Regards,

John.

Thanks again for taking this & posting it. There are some great videos on the Cunard website of the Southampton, Liverpool and Halifax events.

And it's hard to get any work done when there are so many interesting things to watch:D

Thank you,Blue Riband.

I read somewhere else that some New Yorkers were rather nonplussed by the event.I enjoyed it and regretted not being there.

Rodger.

I enjoyed it and it was worth the subway ride, but I've been known to film her in the early hours even with no special event. This was the same spot where I recorded her

last September.

One can only imagine the logistics of setting the up from the power needed to run the lighting equipment to the FAA permits to do this under a flight path. Just holding the ship in place in the strong down currents of the North River must have been a piece of work.

• 1 month later...

For those interested, the original video has been deleted and replaced with the same images but far better audio quality: Cunard 175th Anniversary - QM2 Light Show

There is also the video from the light show producer Quantum Theatricals and one taken from on board the vessel. (In the latter case there wasn't much to see.)

Edited by BlueRiband