Princess Scuba Operator in Cabo?

Av8tor

I don't know for sure, but usually all the cruise lines use the same operator in a given port. Celebrity used Cabo Adventures (http://www.cabo-adventures.com). I've dove independently and on ship's excursions in ports all over. This is one operator I would advise you to AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. I saw unsafe equipment, compounded by unsafe practices on the part of the staff. Those were the issues that resulted in Celebrity refunding the cost of our excursion. Lesser issues were huge boats with huge numbers of people. As much as I like to dive, I'd never go with them again, under any circumstance.

Hopefully you'll be able to find out if they're Princess's operator, as I don't have any other suggestions for Cabo.

Harris

Denver, CO

I have been in touch with Dive Cabo, since we can't dive with the Princess Cruise (my husband is over 65.) They have a 1 tank dive available that should meet our timeline. I would love to hear anyone's opinion of them or who to use. We are sailing Dec. 20.

Janet

• 2 weeks later...
I have been in touch with Dive Cabo, since we can't dive with the Princess Cruise (my husband is over 65.) They have a 1 tank dive available that should meet our timeline. I would love to hear anyone's opinion of them or who to use. We are sailing Dec. 20.

Janet

DH and I used Dive Cabo to get our Open Water cert on a land trip to Cabo last spring. They were fantastic! They took great care of us. I like that they group divers into small groups 3-5 divers per DM. The dive boat never felt too crowded. They also take photos and video for you and give you the DVD.

Edited by k8ster72

DH and I used Dive Cabo to get our Open Water cert on a land trip to Cabo last spring. They were fantastic! They took great care of us. I like that they group divers into small groups 3-5 divers per DM. The dive boat never felt too crowded. They also take photos and video for you and give you the DVD.

Thank you so much! I will go ahead and book with them. I feel more confident when I hear from a "friend" with similar likes!

Janet

Good to hear about Dive Cabo.

Was also considering Baja Dive. Any one have experience with them??

Thanks

Also looking at Manta Divers. The advantage with them is they offer a 3-tank dive, close by. The Dive Cabo only has a 1-tank dive and it leaves about noon.

I've dived with Baja Dive twice. The first time was with the original owner and the DM was awesome. The second time was last year with the new owner. The new DM was not great, and made some big mistakes.

We're diving with Manta Scuba on our next cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Cabo Adventures confirmed (in a round about way) during a phone call that they were the operator for both Princess and Carnival in Cabo. They wouldn't let me book with them when they found out I was going to be on the Crown; said I had to book through the cruise line. THAT was the big give away. Their normal price for a 2-tank dive is $129 with gear - Princess is charging $110!

Other independent operators I've researched are Manta, Dive Cabo and Baja Dive. I'd rather avoid the cattle car boats, larger crowds and short dives based on the lowest experience level. Decided on trying Baja Dive, just waiting to hear back from them...