Florence & Pisa on your own in 12 hours: is it doable?

ppstateofmind

I'll be arriving in Livorno at 7AM and the ship will stay there until 7PM.

I'm trying to avoid shore excursions, even though I have one in mind that includes a visit to Pisa and Florence.

However, has anyone visit both cities on your own in one day? Is it easy to be done? I think Pisa doesn't have much to see, but would be interesting to go there as well.

I appreciate all your feedback. Thanks!

I'll be arriving in Livorno at 7AM and the ship will stay there until 7PM.

I'm trying to avoid shore excursions, even though I have one in mind that includes a visit to Pisa and Florence.

However, has anyone visit both cities on your own in one day? Is it easy to be done? I think Pisa doesn't have much to see, but would be interesting to go there as well.

I appreciate all your feedback. Thanks!

They are both easy to do in your time period and many people have done them..on your own by train...easy to do and there is a lot info how to right here on this board that will give you valuable info.

They are both easy to do in your time period and many people have done them..on your own by train...easy to do and there is a lot info how to right here on this board that will give you valuable info.

Thank you :) I'm gonna start planning, so I'll make sure to read plenty of threads from here.

I am planning to go Florence and Pisa too....

But my time is 07am to 1900pm. Is it possible to go two places??

In addition, is it easy to walk from Florence train station to Michelangelo square and visit Florence on foot?

Appreciate all your advise..

Thank you~~~

I am planning to go Florence and Pisa too....

But my time is 07am to 1900pm. Is it possible to go two places??

In addition, is it easy to walk from Florence train station to Michelangelo square and visit Florence on foot?

Appreciate all your advise..

Thank you~~~

Yes, very easy to walk from Firenze Santa Maria Novella (SMN) station to all the major sites in Florence.

We generally take the train straight to Florence first and then if we have enough time to stop at Pisa on the way back. You can walk, take a cab or a bus to the field of miracles and see the tower, baptistery, etc before heading back to your ship.

There are two ways to look at deciding which place to go to first.

You could go to the furthest location first and work your way back.

Or, you could go to the location that is most important to you, in case you want to shortchange your time at the other location, or drop it entirely.