When is your schools Spring Break 2016?

setsail1975

Just curious as this will be our 1st time sailing over our children's April Spring Break. Trying to get a feel on how overly crowded it maybe or not. I have 3 children ages 8,13,15 at the time of our sailing of 4/17/16-4/23/16.. My husband was hesitant, cause he thinks it will be just crazy crowded.. I think in his mind he's thinking it's going to be like going to Disney during a peak vacation week, long lines and waits for everything.....I reassured him it shouldn't be as not all schools share the same week.... We generally pull our kids out of school in October or November when it's a week of a holiday so they miss as few days as possible. We are going in November as well, but with another cruise line ( only because the deal was too good to pass up.) Thanks!

Edited by setsail1975

I did a spring break cruise this year on the breeze 14-22 Mar, there was over 1400 children onboard. I did not have a problem with any of the children or wait in long lines. Hope this helps. I am also doing the same cruise next year.

March is most common throughout the country. Some places have it in April, & some schedule it according to when Easter is. Around here, it's always mid-March for all schools at all levels. Before I started cruising, I never thought that anyone in the world had it in any month other than March. Since March is most common, that's when the prices are crazy high, while April is much cheaper.

That being said, the places that have Spring Break in April are ALL going south for that week, and many of them on cruises. My mid-April cruises have had tons of families from the Northeast, and plenty of kids on board, and every bed on the ship filled, including the 3rd/4th/5th beds. Despite that, lines were never very long, & it didn't really feel that crowded. I would even eat lunch at peak times, and the lines were still not long. Plus, the craziest most crowded day on any cruise ship is still less crowded than the calmest day at Disney World. Show up early for any shows for good seats. The comedy club tends to get overpacked. But this is true even on low-demand sailings.

I have also taken a March Spring Break cruise, and the ship was totally full. Lines again were not very long, and there were no problems with the kids. The adults, on the other hand, could be quite annoying. I have always seen far more problems with adults than kids on cruises, so a cruise with more kids is a very good thing.

We are from RI, New England break is usually in April, we Cruised 3 April Breaks in a row and never found it crazy. Esp not Disney crazy!! There are more kids then say cruising in October, but go with an open mind. My girls Loved it!!

Good Luck convincing Hubby

We are from RI, New England break is usually in April, we Cruised 3 April Breaks in a row and never found it crazy. Esp not Disney crazy!! There are more kids then say cruising in October, but go with an open mind. My girls Loved it!!

Good Luck convincing Hubby

Thanks, we are your neighbors here in CT[emoji4]

March is most common throughout the country. Some places have it in April, & some schedule it according to when Easter is. Around here, it's always mid-March for all schools at all levels. Before I started cruising, I never thought that anyone in the world had it in any month other than March. Since March is most common, that's when the prices are crazy high, while April is much cheaper.

That being said, the places that have Spring Break in April are ALL going south for that week, and many of them on cruises. My mid-April cruises have had tons of families from the Northeast, and plenty of kids on board, and every bed on the ship filled, including the 3rd/4th/5th beds. Despite that, lines were never very long, & it didn't really feel that crowded. I would even eat lunch at peak times, and the lines were still not long. Plus, the craziest most crowded day on any cruise ship is still less crowded than the calmest day at Disney World. Show up early for any shows for good seats. The comedy club tends to get overpacked. But this is true even on low-demand sailings.

I have also taken a March Spring Break cruise, and the ship was totally full. Lines again were not very long, and there were no problems with the kids. The adults, on the other hand, could be quite annoying. I have always seen far more problems with adults than kids on cruises, so a cruise with more kids is a very good thing.

Thanks for your feedback! Yes we are from the Northeast. I'm surprised how many schools have it in March. I thought usually it was just colleges that had Spring Break in March, since I had it in March when I was in college . I know Easter is end of March this year, so that's why I thought we were pretty safe booking the Breeze for 4/17/16.. In addition I was overly excited to find there was a cabin still available to accommodate all 5 of us in one cabin. Looking forward to it for sure[emoji4]

I did a spring break cruise this year on the breeze 14-22 Mar, there was over 1400 children onboard. I did not have a problem with any of the children or wait in long lines. Hope this helps. I am also doing the same cruise next year.

Wow! 1,400 kids.

1400 children??

That seems like an awfully high number for a ship.