Metal on Breakaway Slides

cruisin0504

I have read that some of the employees are very picky about the metal on bathing suits on the slides. Does that include the small metal grommets on the front ties of the men's bathing suits? If so - where do you find some without?

I have read that some of the employees are very picky about the metal on bathing suits on the slides. Does that include the small metal grommets on the front ties of the men's bathing suits? If so - where do you find some without?

I've never actually owned a bathing suit that had metal in it so I'm sure you won't have trouble finding one if you go into any department store. Metal can really scratch the slide up, and it's not just a hazard for you, it's a hazard for the people taking the slight after you who can get cut up by a scratched slide. i say this as somebody who once got cut up by going down a body slide that had been scratched by someone who went down before me.

There was a thread this week about metal. It included removal of jewelry.

I have no plans to go down a slide but wonder if you mean they tell people to remove their wedding rings or small pierced earrings? :eek:

Edited by sail7seas

You are more likely to be angry if YOU lose your jewelry on side, and then blame NCL for not forcing you to take it off! I would't ride the slides with anything of value.

I have also not seen anyone asked not to ride for metal grommets on the pull string of swim trunks. Their inspection is not like a TSA pat down!

John

I have no plans to go down a slide but wonder if you mean they tell people to remove their wedding rings or small pierced earrings? :eek:

Yes, all jewelry must be removed, earrings, nose rings, lip rings, wedding rings, engagement rings.. they're all jewelry.