Vatican Happy Hour

atlast95

I am planning to book a Friday night tour at the Vatican and looking at the options I see there is a "Vatican Happy Hour" that includes admission to the museums along with a buffet and drink. Has anyone done this? I can't find much info. Thanks

Here is the official Vatican Museums website with the info:

http://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do?action=booking&codiceTipoVisita=174&step=2

Don't know if that will work (it's a long one)… so…

go to the Vatican Museums official website, click on tickets, skip the line tickets, Night openings 2015, scroll down there and you'll find the happy hour listing...

That actually sounds really fun! We may be in Rome in mid-October, I'd like to do this. I'd love to know what a 'buffet aperitif' involves.

When we rented a guest house in Normandy in May, the owners invited us over for "an aperitif". We expected a little cocktail time. They had a huge spread for us, all local Norman specialties, like blood sausage in apple compote, oysters, shrimp, etc. It was amazing. Since they spoke no English it was even more interesting! It was a meal and then some. Lovely people.

Here is the official Vatican Museums website with the info:

http://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do?action=booking&codiceTipoVisita=174&step=2

Don't know if that will work (it's a long one)… so…

go to the Vatican Museums official website, click on tickets, skip the line tickets, Night openings 2015, scroll down there and you'll find the happy hour listing...

Yes, thanks so much. It was on the Vatican website that I did see it. Just have to decide between the choices of admission, admission with a tour and admission with the Happy Hour. The window for my date will open tomorrow so I will have to decided soon.

I highly recommend it! Lovely way to spend an evening in Rome. The courtyard setting is beautiful enhanced with the music of a string trio. We had a glass of wine each and enjoyed the various food offerings which I would refer to as finger foods, a nice selection of olives and other antipasti along with small sandwiches. Wish we could have stayed longer but were being "guided" by a friend's daughter who was working on her Masters in Art History so was eager to get us into the buildings. No food or drink is allowed inside so we basically wolfed down what was on our plates and followed her in. The buildings were much less crowded for this time of year and to her credit, she led a wonderful tour.

I think we paid around 15 euros extra to enjoy the "Happy Hour" and would have preferred to stay longer enjoying food and drink. There was a line outside when we arrived but through our guide's study program, we were able to skip the line as she had to meet with museum staff first, before entering the courtyard. I would assume the line moved quickly as the courtyard filled up shortly thereafter. They limit the number of guests so it was not uncomfortably crowded but I certainly wouldn't call it an intimate affair. Great way to see the museums and buildings. Definitely worth doing!