Jet skis in Bermuda

Baileyjojo

will be watching for responses. we are leaving in about 45 days and will be doing the H20 Berumda Sports Jet Ski tour. But not sure if they also just rent the jet skis for our personal island perusal. :confused::confused:

Somerset Bridge Watersports. I highly recommend. When we go back to Bermuda we will use them again. Very professional and friendly. We used them July 2013, rates were very reasonable and you are out riding in the water for 75 minutes. Not sure if they still do this but they pay for the taxi from the port with a jet ski rental. We walked up the hill to catch a bus back to port, make sure you buy your bus ticket outside near the port. We rented 3 singles and 3 doubles and everyone had a blast. You stop along the way for some history of the island but not too many stops. You also stop to feed and swim with fish if you want. Most of the time is riding, don't miss this experience.

But not sure if they also just rent the jet skis for our personal island perusal.

They don't, no one does; you have to do it in a tour. The same is also true for horseback riding. Bermuda is not like the Caribbean; it's much more formal.

Edited by Langoustine

• 7 months later...

Does anyone have any thoughts on which company is better for someone who has never been on a Jet Ski before? I am looking at both Somerset and KS. I like the convenience of KS, right at the dockyard, and also love the idea of going by the ships, but have read that the water isn't as choppy as at the dockyard if you use Sommerset. Since we're total beginners, I was hoping someone might be able to help!

Thank you!

Edited by djny1077

I have used KS twice, I was very happy with them and the convenience, there is a "No Wake" zone when you first leave the dock, gives you a little time to get used to the jetski. The first year, my husband and my daughter went, all first timers. The second year, there were 9 of us, we were split into two groups. Two of the girls were pretty nervous and wound up with their own guide.

I have used KS twice, I was very happy with them and the convenience, there is a "No Wake" zone when you first leave the dock, gives you a little time to get used to the jetski. The first year, my husband and my daughter went, all first timers. The second year, there were 9 of us, we were split into two groups. Two of the girls were pretty nervous and wound up with their own guide.

How big were each of the groups? Was it your first time?

In your experience, how was the water? I'm sure it varies day to day, but was it tolerable for a complete newbie?

Sorry for all the questions but you're the only one who has responded, including my post in the Bermuda forum :(

Does anyone have any thoughts on which company is better for someone who has never been on a Jet Ski before? I am looking at both Somerset and KS. I like the convenience of KS, right at the dockyard, and also love the idea of going by the ships, but have read that the water isn't as choppy as at the dockyard if you use Sommerset. Since we're total beginners, I was hoping someone might be able to help!

Thank you!

I have a post above, but just to let you know we were nine people and had 6 jet skis. We used Somerset. Out of the six ski drivers only two had experience. It was very easy to learn. My nephew was 21 and a first timer. My sister in law who never was on a jet ski had me on the back (I have a bad arm) and had no problem at all. KS is convenient but Somerset will pay for a taxi one way and they are also cheaper. We are going back to Bermuda in June and will be using Somerset again. Hope this helps.

I have a post above, but just to let you know we were nine people and had 6 jet skis. We used Somerset. Out of the six ski drivers only two had experience. It was very easy to learn. My nephew was 21 and a first timer. My sister in law who never was on a jet ski had me on the back (I have a bad arm) and had no problem at all. KS is convenient but Somerset will pay for a taxi one way and they are also cheaper. We are going back to Bermuda in June and will be using Somerset again. Hope this helps.

Thank you! I was pretty set on Somerset until I saw a video of someone using KS going by the ships. It's silly I know, but it looked soooo cool lol Then I thought about the convenience of being at the dock yard, since we plan on going first thing in the morning on our last day in Bermuda. However, if I'll have a better experience (smoother ride) with Somerset than its worth the cab ride and few extra minutes of travel.

For the most part they both have good reviews, but my gut tells me that Somerset has set the bar and everyone else follows what they do.

How big were each of the groups? Was it your first time?

In your experience, how was the water? I'm sure it varies day to day, but was it tolerable for a complete newbie?

Sorry for all the questions but you're the only one who has responded, including my post in the Bermuda forum :(

The first year my husband, my daughter and her friend went, it was their first time. They were in a group of six, they had no problems keeping up. They all rode single.

The second year (my first time) there were 7 of us cruisers and we met my brother and his friend (they were staying at the Coco Reef resort and met us at the pier) so 9 of us all together, we were the only ones at that time. We booked in advance and my brother and his friend were standing on the pier when the ship got there. :cool: They spilt us up in two groups, 5 (the kids, ages 17, 18, 20, 20, 20) and us, my husband and I and my brother and his friend (ages 53, 51, 47 and 35).

Two of the girls in the kids group were going really slow, so they broke up that group and the two timid girls went with one guide, the other 3 daredevils went with another guide.

It was my first time as the "driver and I was pretty scared, but within 5 minutes I was keeping up with my husband. My brother was slower and the guide would slow us down for him to keep up.

The guide took us to a sunken boat and we fed fish, there were 100's of them jumping all around us. I thought it was fun, but when our group of kids got there, the fish freaked out the girls, LOL). Then the guide took us to a tiny island where we swam for about a half hour or so. It was a great day. I liked that is was right off the ship, the guides are fun and we will probably jet ski again with them in October!!

We use Somerset to rent a Boston Whaler.. For those of you who might be interested it is such a great experience and affordable. The owners are incredible, and we will be back this June as well.. I can't recommend them enough..