Best Beach?

cmapray

Hi, I'm looking for a beach near the port that is nice but not expensive. We're using Cozumel as a relax day and we have other excursions planned for the other two days. Would likely get some food but not terribly interested in it and we have ultimate drink package onboard so I don't want to waste money on alcohol on the beach. I like to snorkel and have my own equipment, but there's so many beaches and I can't figure out what would be best! :confused: We don't mind walking either if a beach is close enough (like a mile or so or cab there and walk back up to 2 miles). Any Advice?

Hi, I'm looking for a beach near the port that is nice but not expensive. We're using Cozumel as a relax day and we have other excursions planned for the other two days. Would likely get some food but not terribly interested in it and we have ultimate drink package onboard so I don't want to waste money on alcohol on the beach. I like to snorkel and have my own equipment, but there's so many beaches and I can't figure out what would be best! :confused: We don't mind walking either if a beach is close enough (like a mile or so or cab there and walk back up to 2 miles). Any Advice?

Which pier?

Your best place is probably The Money Bar which will require a cab each way and purchase of drink/and or snack to use facilities. If you are at Puerta Maya or International you could walk to El Cid and purchase cheapest day pass available, which was about $20 with $10 credit towards food and drink. Or you could walk to Sunset Beach, where some of the ship excursions go and again purchase drink or snack to use facilities, or further still to Blue Angel.

If you dock in town you could walk to No Name Bar, or Hotel Cozumel, which again requires a pass, maybe $40?

None of these have "great" beaches - they are ironstone which makes them better for snorkeling, some have some imported sand areas.

Edited by c-leg5

Which pier?

Your best place is probably The Money Bar which will require a cab each way and purchase of drink/and or snack to use facilities.

If snorkeling is the major thing for you, Money Bar could be a good choice as long as you realize there will not be a pretty beach. ;)

LuLu

If you want excellent snorkeling, I'd go to Money Bar. They have a sandy area, so it's kinda like a beach. Absolutely beautiful, and great food/drinks.

If you want a nice beach- I'd go to Mr. Sanchos (pay as you go side) or Paradise Beach ($3 entry fee, $10 food minimum). Snorkeling is off beach, so you'll see some fish, but not much.

Beach and snorkeling are a bit mutually exclusive. Great snorkeling requires iron shore, the fish don't hang out in the sand.