Epic - Where to meet up for excursion?

galak

Can anyone who's been on the Epic suggest a good place for a group of 8 to gather before a non-NCL shore excursion? It would have to be very specific since we'll be meeting each other for the first time on the day of.

When I have organized private tours I usually make the meet up location O'Sheehans. As an example you could state the meet up time is anywhere from 7:00 to 8:00 am..."Meet early if you would like breakfast or join us for coffee..departure time from O'Sheehan's is at 8:00 am." This works well for those who like to be early and for those who don't, as people do not have to just stand around and wait for others, they can enjoy, breakfast, coffee or just the company of those they will be joining on tour.

This scenario is better than meeting on the pier where things can sometimes be confusing with crowds etc. Meeting on the ship also gives you a chance to call someone's cabin if they seem to be running late or missing.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and excursion....private tours are the best!!

Rochelle

When I have organized private tours I usually make the meet up location O'Sheehans. As an example you could state the meet up time is anywhere from 7:00 to 8:00 am..."Meet early if you would like breakfast or join us for coffee..departure time from O'Sheehan's is at 8:00 am." This works well for those who like to be early and for those who don't, as people do not have to just stand around and wait for others, they can enjoy, breakfast, coffee or just the company of those they will be joining on tour.

This scenario is better than meeting on the pier where things can sometimes be confusing with crowds etc. Meeting on the ship also gives you a chance to call someone's cabin if they seem to be running late or missing.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and excursion....private tours are the best!!

Rochelle

I like that idea! I've organized a couple of excursions for our roll call but haven't even though about where to meet up before hand (we're still almost 8 months out). I like the idea of people being able to meet a little early and have breakfast or just join when it's time to head off the ship. :)

Check with your roll call, there might be a meet and mingle on the first day on the boat. The girl that started our roll call set this up for ours. It was a great way to meet up with the people that we were sharing excursions with. This was on the sea day (first day of cruise). When talking with our fellow excursion people we agreed to meet up in front of the Bliss Lounge at a prescribed time, and we walked off together.

Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone! The excursion is for Cannes, which is on the third day after my husband and I join the cruise in Rome. Our first two days are already packed full with activity, so I'm concerned that we won't have time for a meet-and-greet (our roll call doesn't even have one organized yet) before the excursion itself. At least now we all know where to go even if we don't see each other on the first two days of the cruise.

Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone! The excursion is for Cannes, which is on the third day after my husband and I join the cruise in Rome. Our first two days are already packed full with activity, so I'm concerned that we won't have time for a meet-and-greet (our roll call doesn't even have one organized yet) before the excursion itself. At least now we all know where to go even if we don't see each other on the first two days of the cruise.

Cannes is usually a tender port so it would be vital to meet up with your shore excursion group before taking the tender boat ashore so that you all are together. Hope you can arrange a meet & greet and get a roll call going - by far the best way to link up with everyone.

When I was on Epic last year passengers were boarding both in Barcelona and Rome so we had a meeting on the first day and another once the Rome passengers were on board - it worked really well.

You will have a great time. I am booked on the 19th Dec Christmas cruise from Barcelona and around the Canaries. Good Luck with your plans

Suzanne (Bristol, UK)