Getaway - Mini Suite with Large Balcony - Cabins 8134, 8136, 8734, or 8736

Rebels82

Has anyone stayed in any of these cabins? I have checked Cabin Reviews and there were no reviews. I am wondering how the balcony is on these cabins b/c on the drawings, it appears the balconies are slanted.

Thanks.

someone posted this photo in another thread of an angled balcony, which they found to be bigger than a regular balcony:

3.1367600676.hump-balcony.jpg

[/url]

I may have not done that correctly....but if you search angled balcony on Getaway or Breakaway it will bring up some pictures. My Mom and Dad had 14208 2 weeks ago on the Getaway and it was angled. It is quite a bit bigger than our regular balcony mini suite we had beside them. Some of them are angled to look forward, some backward. Hope this helped. :)

Edited by MandyMommyof2

Here's the review of 8134 on the Breakaway (same layout):

http://www.cruisecritic.com/norwegian-breakaway-deck-plans/dp/mini-suite-with-large-balcony-m6/cc/

Looking at the ship deck plans, 8136's deck looks smaller.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1929453

See post #4 for photo of angled balcony like 8136.

Found this in another post: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html See note #13 for M6 cabins.

Edited by destiny217

I believe the picture which was posted is of an angled Balcony Cabin, which have slightly bigger balconies than the regular balcony cabins do.

The balcony in the photo does not look deep enough to be one of the M6 MiniSuites on deck 8. If you have been in one you know what I am talking about! The balconies are really deep.

There are a couple M6 minis which slightly overlook the deck below and thus have the angled balcony. I have never actually seen one, but I would think it would be larger despite the angle than the one in the photo, which as I said, looks to be a regular angled balcony cabin in one of the bump out areas on a higher deck.

Edited by punkincc

Thanks, bear3412. Slide #9 made it very clear. I did not realize the M6 were so exposed. I remember Princess has some balconies like that. I was interested in the M6 but not sure now.

A fairly significant portion of the M6 deck space is under the overhang of the balcony above. You can see that in the photo where the two lounge chairs are partially exposed. We like this balcony as it is possible to sit completely under the overhang totally shaded and in complete privacy, or forward in the sunshine. Most of them have 2 regular and 2 lounge chairs.

When we were on our balcony we seldom saw anyone on the deck above us. They apparently had better things to do than watch us drink coffee and read.;). And you can't beat the convenience to the Waterfront and everything else on decks 678. Double sinks and deluxe shower heads in a very large shower.

Edited by punkincc

Thanks for the great slide. It shows that the NCL website and book deck layouts are not exactly like real life. I agree with the previous poster.....when we were on the Mini Suite Large Balcony, we hardly saw anyone above us.

Regarding the M6's and B6's on the Breakaway Class:

I concur with most previous posts regarding the exposure issue concerning the M6's and B6's.

IOW, no big deal.

Few pax have the time to look "down" on you. Lol. :rolleyes:

As stated, the pax are tooooo busy to be on balconies "looking down on you."

Few pax actually use their balcony for any duration, IMO.

Especially those tiny ones on the BA Class vessels, above yours.

IOW, very few pax will be above you, looking down, especially given their tiny balcony space.

As past pax and posters have pointed out, often there is no one above you 95% of the time.

Of course others may have a different experience.

Don't let the exposure of the M6's and B6's deter you from booking these well placed cabins..

Theses are some of the best cabins/balconies/locations aboard.

Some of these M6's can see directly down to the sea/waves/bow waves.

This is rare amongst cruise ships.

As stated, these balconies have the same amount of "covered" area as all other standard balconies, yet you have more exposed area.

IOW it's like having a standard balcony, and also having an extra % exposed to above when needed.

JMT

No, I don't work for NCL. Lol. :)

• 6 months later...
My wife and I stayed in 8734. We loved it. We would stay in this same room again. Spent a lot of time on the large balcony.

I have the family booked in 8134 on the Escape (which I assume is just the mirror image). I believe this is the last cabin before the balconies begin to angle. These have full-sized balconies, correct? (Meaning, the angling doesn't start until the next cabin). That's what it looks like, but I would love to make sure. Thanks.

I have the family booked in 8134 on the Escape (which I assume is just the mirror image). I believe this is the last cabin before the balconies begin to angle. These have full-sized balconies, correct?

At least on Breakaway class ships, yes.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to book NCL getaway in a mini suite large balcony deck 8

Right above theater, same deck as restaurants

I'll be with kids 10 and 7 yrs

Concern/questions is about noise from theater below and restaurants / waterfront

Any advice?? Thanks!

I'd like to book NCL getaway in a mini suite large balcony deck 8

Right above theater, same deck as restaurants

I'll be with kids 10 and 7 yrs

Concern/questions is about noise from theater below and restaurants / waterfront

Any advice?? Thanks!

Absolutely no problems with noise (or anything else) in cabins 8730-8734 – only negative was the "long" walk from fwd elevators but on the other hand, that meant that there was no noise in hallways either.

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the info. I have stayed in a Mini Suite with Large Balcony on the Getaway and it was GREAT. I have booked 8134 for 12/6 cruise.

Did you end up staying in this cabin on the Escape? I'm booked on it now and I was curious if you had any more info (e.g. bed location) or pictures. Thanks!