ATL to HNL on Delta

ncshp955

Has anyone flown on Delta recently from Atlanta to Honolulu on their A330. I am trying to find out any information on their comfort plus seats and most of what I find in FlyerTalk is a couple of years old. If you have I would like to hear if they now offer free beer and wine in these seats and any type of meal. I keep hearing one thing from other post on sites and another on Delta's website. We are booked in seats 10H and J. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

All discussed on DL's webpage, which I would trust over posts, Note the seats you chose are bulkhead, which is good for no one reclining into you, but you have no underseat storage.

Comment about these seats on seatguru.com:

Submitted by SeatGuru User on 2014/10/28 for Seat 10HJ

Economy Comfort Row 10 has adequate legroom, 2 window views and in-seat video monitors; however, not a desirable seat for long haul and overnight flights due to noise and light from the Business Elite galley located forward of the bulkhead at the L2 door. F/A conversations, continuous banging of galley equipment doors and light from that area interferes with ability to rest or sleep and negates the advantages Economy Comfort may provide. Pick a EC row further back if possible.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/onboard-experience.html

http://www.delta.com/content/dam/delta-www/pdfs/eats-menu-hnl.pdf

Also, do a search on tripadvisor.com. This has been discussed many, many times, and you may find some information there.

Edited by 6rugrats

All discussed on DL's webpage, which I would trust over posts, Note the seats you chose are bulkhead, which is good for no one reclining into you, but you have no underseat storage.

Comment about these seats on seatguru.com:

Submitted by SeatGuru User on 2014/10/28 for Seat 10HJ

Economy Comfort Row 10 has adequate legroom, 2 window views and in-seat video monitors; however, not a desirable seat for long haul and overnight flights due to noise and light from the Business Elite galley located forward of the bulkhead at the L2 door. F/A conversations, continuous banging of galley equipment doors and light from that area interferes with ability to rest or sleep and negates the advantages Economy Comfort may provide. Pick a EC row further back if possible.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/onboard-experience.html

http://www.delta.com/content/dam/delta-www/pdfs/eats-menu-hnl.pdf

Also, do a search on tripadvisor.com. This has been discussed many, many times, and you may find some information there.

Thanks for the reply 6rugrats. With a screen name like that I figure you must have a military background also. I have checked Flyertalk, and Delta and now here. The Tripadvisor was a good suggestion and have checked it out. I am still trying to figure out what is offered on the ATL-HNl flight. If you go with Delta like I want to then you would get the free drinks and maybe a sandwich wrap but then some say that Delta treats this as just a regular domestic flight and these perks are not offered. Might just have to wait and see if it was worth it.

If you go to the DL website, you will find out exactly what you get with, what is now called, Delta Comfort. Link is HERE.

Food, beer, wine and cocktails are all included nowdays.

Those seats have a big disadvantage. The tray table is in the armrest, reducing seat width. Also, since they are fixed, there is no way to move the armrest and have the whole space for the two of you.

You don't mention if you are on an A330-200 or an A330-300. Different cabin configs. One has you next to the galleys, the other doesn't.

If you go to the DL website, you will find out exactly what you get with, what is now called, Delta Comfort. Link is HERE.

Food, beer, wine and cocktails are all included nowdays.

Those seats have a big disadvantage. The tray table is in the armrest, reducing seat width. Also, since they are fixed, there is no way to move the armrest and have the whole space for the two of you.

You don't mention if you are on an A330-200 or an A330-300. Different cabin configs. One has you next to the galleys, the other doesn't.

Thanks a lot for the information. I am on the 330-300. The arm rest is not quite the issue as the seat leaning back is. I always seem to get the person who reclines the entire trip, doesn't eat and never thinks that they are interfering with you doing so. We just flew a couple of weeks ago with arm rest that didn't move and it was not much of a problem. I am a fairly big guy, and like the leg room more. Since this is a day time flight, the galley noise will not be quite the issue as it would be on a redeye and trying to sleep. I keep looking on youtube and trying to see what these seats look like but most of the videos go by them so quick you really can't tell much. Do you know much about Delta's policy about upgrading to Delta 1? Best I can tell is that it is reserved for their medallion members which needless to say I am not.