Actual Boarding Time?

NC&KY

I know this question should be addressed somewhere on this Board, but I searched and I can't find it. We are staying in Moorea for a pre-cruise. Our embarkation time for our cruise, according to our documents, is 3:00 p.m. We'll clearly have to be out of our Moorea hotel before then. So, (1) how early can we board the ship, and (2) can we drop our luggage off earlier and walk around the market, and, if so, how early? I'm guessing we'll have to be out of the Hilton no later than noon, and with the ferry schedule, we'll be at the dock early afternoon, well before 3.

You can't get on until 3:00 pm. They no longer allow you to leave your luggage and wander around. We left the bags anyway but they were very clear that they would not be responsible for them. If I did this again I would take a later ferry.

Even if you have to vacate your room at the Hiltin you can still hang out at their beach.

Even if you have to vacate your room at the Hiltin you can still hang out at their beach.

And we can leave the bags in a protected room at the Hilton until we leave. Thanks. Looks like we'll eat lunch on Moorea. :o

How close are the ferry terminal and the PG? Are they right next to each other or are they further apart? We'll each have a couple of bags, and we're not spring chickens any more. But we're in good shape so a short walk won't be a problem.

The ferry's are very close. The terminal is roughly 400 feet away from the PG dock.

We took a later ferry back from Moorea and boarded the PG around 4pm. We rolled our luggage over from the ferry with no problems at all.

The ferry's are very close. The terminal is roughly 400 feet away from the PG dock.

We took a later ferry back from Moorea and boarded the PG around 4pm. We rolled our luggage over from the ferry with no problems at all.

Yes, we can handle that easily. Thanks.

And we can leave the bags in a protected room at the Hilton until we leave. Thanks. Looks like we'll eat lunch on Moorea. :o

How close are the ferry terminal and the PG? Are they right next to each other or are they further apart? We'll each have a couple of bags, and we're not spring chickens any more. But we're in good shape so a short walk won't be a problem.

That's what we did when we came back from Moorea last September. We had a rental car, so we drove it over close to where we had to drop it off, had lunch at a cool, inexpensive local place, then dropped the car off and were shuttled over to the ferry. Easy. Got to the ship about 4 which meant we missed lining up, which is common when the buses arrive around 3.

But I'm sure you can check your bags with the bellhop and just hang out and have a nice lunch at your hotel.

We sailed on the PG just a few weeks ago, also staying pre cruise at the Hilton Moorea. We had Alberts Transport to pick us up and take us back to the ferry and found them very reliable, they actually email the hotel on the day you are leaving to confirm the pick up time. We decided to catch the 3pm Terevau ferry which was perfect. We checked out of the hotel at 11am and just left our cases with reception and then changed before going to catch the ferry. The ferry is just a five minute walk away from the PG and when we arrived there was no queue, just walked straight on. :D

We sailed on the PG just a few weeks ago, also staying pre cruise at the Hilton Moorea. We had Alberts Transport to pick us up and take us back to the ferry and found them very reliable, they actually email the hotel on the day you are leaving to confirm the pick up time. We decided to catch the 3pm Terevau ferry which was perfect. We checked out of the hotel at 11am and just left our cases with reception and then changed before going to catch the ferry. The ferry is just a five minute walk away from the PG and when we arrived there was no queue, just walked straight on. :D

In November ,We are going to do a post cruise at the Hilton Moorea. On our reservation ,the Hilton said they would pick us up if we gave them the details. Is this not a good idea or should we use Alberts transport ?

Also , we would love a little review from anyone on roll call about the Hilton and the IC FIji...we have booked an OWB for 3 nights at the Hilton .Any tips on restaurants and shopping and sightseeing companies and area that we shouln't miss. This is our second cruise with PG and we had to miss the post Moorea portion due to a family death on our first cruise. Hopefully ,this trip we will get it all in including a pre cruise in the Fiji IC. We are avid snorkellers too !

Can't wait to leave Canada in dreary November for FP.

In November ,We are going to do a post cruise at the Hilton Moorea. On our reservation ,the Hilton said they would pick us up if we gave them the details. Is this not a good idea or should we use Alberts transport ?

Also , we would love a little review from anyone on roll call about the Hilton and the IC FIji...we have booked an OWB for 3 nights at the Hilton .Any tips on restaurants and shopping and sightseeing companies and area that we shouln't miss. This is our second cruise with PG and we had to miss the post Moorea portion due to a family death on our first cruise. Hopefully ,this trip we will get it all in including a pre cruise in the Fiji IC. We are avid snorkellers too !

Can't wait to leave Canada in dreary November for FP.

The Hilton will pick you up but at a far more expensive rate than we paid for Albert's Transport. The cost for our transfer was 1000cfp per person each way. Alberts also do tours, we went on their ATV/SSV tour which was excellent. I'm planning to do a review on our trip shortly, I will put more details up. We loved the Hilton Moorea so much that I didn't want to leave but of course once we boarded the PG all was again good. ;-)

The Hilton will pick you up but at a far more expensive rate than we paid for Albert's Transport. The cost for our transfer was 1000cfp per person each way. Alberts also do tours, we went on their ATV/SSV tour which was excellent. I'm planning to do a review on our trip shortly, I will put more details up. We loved the Hilton Moorea so much that I didn't want to leave but of course once we boarded the PG all was again good. ;-)

Thanks for your recommendation for transport with Alberts. We will certainly take your suggestions and look at other tours they offer. Looking forward to reading your cruise trip review.