Reserving Deck Chairs... Max Penalty:Offender fed to the Sharks

George8211

If people are caught reserving chairs they need to be fed to the sharks :eek:

Reserving chairs is Rude, Disrespectful, and Inconsiderate to others on the ship that have spent thousands of $$$ to have use of the ships amenities. If you are going to be gone from the deck chair for 15 minutes or more... take your junk with you.

That chair is not yours, if your not using it, be a respectful adult and let someone else use it. Look out... people are starting to do nasty tricks to people reserving chairs... to include following them to their cabins. If you reserve chairs, you are wrecking someone else vacation and people are starting to get Deck Chair Rage.

Beware :eek:

With all the nickel and diming cruise lines have initiated over the years, I'm really surprised they haven't gone back to "renting" deck chairs like they used to "in the olden days". Personally, I would be very happy to pay $10 to have a "reserved" chair for me the entire cruise.

I also have a problem with those that "reserve" a chair for a long period of time. I personally only lay out in the sun for a short time....maybe for an hour. So if those people that keep a chair for themselves...not using it for a long time, I could use it for an hour while they are gone and then they can have it back. haha I promise.

With all the nickel and diming cruise lines have initiated over the years, I'm really surprised they haven't gone back to "renting" deck chairs like they used to "in the olden days". Personally, I would be very happy to pay $10 to have a "reserved" chair for me the entire cruise.

I would like to have a reserved chair too... So would everyone else.

I would also like to have a reserved pool, gym, and juccussi. Add to that reserved front row seats at the shows and reserved place in the lunch line. :rolleyes:

There isn't room for 2,000 chairs for everyone to have their own... and there isn't enough pools for everyone to be close to the pool. One of the problems caused by reserving chairs is that there are no chairs available by the pool... so parents are seated far away and can't monitor their kids safety and behavior. Mean while, people seated at the pool are complaining... "where are this kids parents?".... Well, the parent is 2 decks up where available chairs are. :mad:

Once deck chaises were very hard to find. we found two on upper deck. When we went for lunch we gave them to a couple sunning on the hard deck. They used them til we came back then they went for lunch, we got chaises back. I hate it when someone says they are saving them for wife, etc. then wife NEVER shows up.

What bothred me in a another thread is the staement that one person made about their daily activies which included gettin out before breadfast to reserve a bunch of chairs for later in the day, As far as me personally, I take my chair with me. ( I use an electric scooter ) Of course I cannot stretch out in the chair to sun :p

HI, there is a poll on the home page of this site just on this subject. I filled it in , wish you all would too. Chair Hogs are a pet peeve of mine. Check out the chair hog poll on the home page of CC. :)

Cori

We live in Florida, and have a pool (think there is some obscure law that pools are mandatory here regardless of how small and modest your house may be) so we don't bother with the swimming and sunning area onboard. But you may be assured that we will offer assistance to anyone wishing to toss the unattended belongings of chair hogs into the nearest trash container after a half hour or so. It is the "all for me" attitude of chair saving that I find objectionable.

I remember talking to a couple young guys in Jamaica once who were on their first trip to the caribbean where "chair saving" is also a lovely tradition. They said they'd gotten up the first morning at their resort and went for a walk - saw towels over all the chairs and no one around. They gathered up all the towels and tossed them in the pool:D Ever since hearing that I've been so tempted to do it myself sometime!

Like I said above...I only use one for about an hour or so.....and trust me, if I am out there and see that chairs have been left unattended with just towels for a long period of time....I have NO problem gathering up those towels, putting them somewhere and having myself a little quality sunning time. It's just rude!!

There is a rule on the Carnival Ships that state... "No Reserving Deck Chairs".

Part of the problem is, that Carnival doesn't enforce the rule. This will cause cruisers to take the law into their own hands. I for one... plan to fill the lost and found boxes up everyday :p If the lost and found boxes are too far of a walk, I'll just use the nearest trash can.

Imagine going into your favorite local restaurant for breakfast... you get in line waiting to be seated and notice that there are 4 empty tables. You ask the waitress... "Can't we be seated there, we've been in line for 15 minutes??" Then the waitress points the tables and you see jackets, books, and other assorted stuff on the seats... Humm... looks like some people put their stuff at the table to reserve it, so they can walk right in a take a seat when they are ready to eat.

Why do some people become Sooo INCREDIBLELY STUPID when they go on vacation thinking that this behavior is acceptable ??? I would hate to meet the kids of these adults. :mad:

Here is a funny story...my hubby and i were sitting on chairs one day...noticing 4 chairs saved beside us...saved for 4 hrs ....no one around..a couple asked us if we were saving the chairs...no...so they proceeded to put the towels etc on the ground...6 hrs later...a group came back...looked at the couple sitting in there saved chairs...the couple sitting in the chairs said thank you for saving these chairs for us...we have enjoyed them...the group saving the chairs picked up there stuff and stormed off...we got a big laugh out of that

Here is a funny story...my hubby and i were sitting on chairs one day...noticing 4 chairs saved beside us...saved for 4 hrs ....no one around..a couple asked us if we were saving the chairs...no...so they proceeded to put the towels etc on the ground...6 hrs later...a group came back...looked at the couple sitting in there saved chairs...the couple sitting in the chairs said thank you for saving these chairs for us...we have enjoyed them...the group saving the chairs picked up there stuff and stormed off...we got a big laugh out of that

I like that story :D

Archived