Mechanical Issues Delay "Star"

OBX Cruisers

Sort of interesting that the VO Facebook page is totally silent on this issue. I was hoping they would be more transparent.

Craig & Susan

Der Graig & Susan,

For those of us not on the cruise updates from Viking can be seen at http://www.vikingcruises.co.uk/oceans/my-trip/about-my-cruise/current-sailings.html

If you cant read the link look up oceans/my trip/ about my cruise/ current sailings

Yours Ingra Tor

Dear Spice of life,

Thank you for reaching out. We regret to hear you are dissatisfied with the compensation extended prior to your departure and can certainly understand the disappointment in an added flight – Australia to Norway is already quite a distance! We would encourage you to contact us at tellus@vikingcruises.com so that we may review options and answer any additional questions you may have.

Warmest regards,

Viking Cruises

We have been offered $500 and $300 towards another Viking Cruise. Firstly we don't want onboard credit!!!! And another cruise reduction an insult. No Paris no London flying to a country we don't want to go to and staying in Bergen for extended time. We are travelling from Australia and another flight added is not welcome. To all other travellers from Australia and New Zealand would love to know your. Thoughts😀

Dear Spice of life,

Thank you for reaching out. We regret to hear you are dissatisfied with the compensation extended prior to your departure and can certainly understand the disappointment in an added flight – Australia to Norway is already quite a distance! We would encourage you to contact us at tellus@vikingcruises.com so that we may review options and answer any additional questions you may have.

Warmest regards,

Viking Cruises

So far this is all talk! All pleasantries aside, the compensation package offered by Viking for this major change stinks! The representatives I have spoken to directly are sticking to their guns re what they have offered and no more! Take it or leave it or cancel your vacation! Nice options huh? So much for keeping your customers happy!

Edited by Sometime Traveler

Dear Sometime Traveler, NanciNJ & lovetosew,

The work on Viking Star that commenced last Tuesday continues in Tallinn today. After the needed repairs, the ship will set sail from Tallinn on Saturday, August 8 for an arrival on the morning of August 10, in Copenhagen, for guest embarkation. We understand the current apprehension among guests who are scheduled to sail on Viking Star’s next cruise, and we are in touch with them to keep them apprised of any developments as they unfold.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

We leave for Oslo on Friday and I have the same concern. Will we arrive to be told that there are other issues and things have changed again or been cancelled.

Been watching the Skycam Port of Tallinn and the VS is still sitting in port and is not not scheduled to leave until this evening 11:30 p.m. Tallinn time. It was supposed to leave this a.m. and even yesterday at 5p.m. VS is one sick lady and I feel so sorry for the crew and the passengers past, present and future. We have been given the opportunity to pass on our cruise for which we are grateful and instead of touring Bergen will be watching post debate coverage on Fox News. Our best to all.

A few years ago we took a repositioning cruise with Silversea from Lisbon to the Caribbean. Soon after the ship arrived in the Caribbean, one of the air-conditioning units failed. It was warm in the cabin, but not unbearable and windows were opened where possible in the public rooms (it must have been far worse for staff in the kitchen and laundry). Before we had even reached the final port, a letter was slipped under the door of each cabin, apologising for the inconvenience and offering each passenger a $2000 credit note to be used on a future Silversea cruise. That's $2000 just for the inconvenience of the air-conditioning not being 100%. And that Viking, is how you install loyalty in your customers.

A few years ago we took a repositioning cruise with Silversea from Lisbon to the Caribbean. Soon after the ship arrived in the Caribbean, one of the air-conditioning units failed. It was warm in the cabin, but not unbearable and windows were opened where possible in the public rooms (it must have been far worse for staff in the kitchen and laundry). Before we had even reached the final port, a letter was slipped under the door of each cabin, apologising for the inconvenience and offering each passenger a $2000 credit note to be used on a future Silversea cruise. That's $2000 just for the inconvenience of the air-conditioning not being 100%. And that Viking, is how you install loyalty in your customers.

Great post! My compliments!! :)

We leave for Oslo on Friday and I have the same concern. Will we arrive to be told that there are other issues and things have changed again or been cancelled.

We are also traveling to Oslo tonight! As of right now we are still going even though we are unhappy with Viking's compensation package. It is our only vacation time this year so we are stuck! Wondering if you have any more information? Thanks and hopefully see you on board!! :o

Dear Ainhoa,

Thank you for the recommendation. We do appreciate your comments and find feedback to be instrumental in improving the cruising experience for our future passengers. Though we are unclear as to whether or not you have traveled with us in the past, we would encourage you to contact us at tellus@vikingcruises.com should you have additional questions or comments.

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

Love the fact that you got a reply from Viking, although they do somewhat miss the point of your post.

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Ainhoa,

Thank you for the recommendation. We do appreciate your comments and find feedback to be instrumental in improving the cruising experience for our future passengers. Though we are unclear as to whether or not you have traveled with us in the past, we would encourage you to contact us at tellus@vikingcruises.com should you have additional questions or comments.

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

Y'all had better get a grip on reality and customer service before your ocean going venture sinks. All I have seen from Viking about this sordid episode is pablum. You are coating passengers loss with words asking them to help you do a better job in the future. You have no future unless you do something appropriate in the present. You have keelhauled your passengers and then asked them if they enjoyed the experience, and to tell you how you might improve it the next time. I'm left speechless.:eek: