Freestyle Choice Package Change??

denas

I booked my cruise last March when they first offered the FreeStyle Choice. I booked a suite so got all 4 options which included Unlimited Beverages, Unlimited Dining, Gratuities, and $200 OBC. Since then they have changed the UBP and UDP to no longer include gratuities, but that wasn't the case at the time I booked. My cruise isn't until January. Will I now have to pay an 18% gratuity fee for the UDP/UBP?

Thanks!!

Incorrect, I see unlimited right on the homepage.

So what are the limits...?

The limits this month look to be the number of nights you receive speciality dining. For example on my 11 night cruise the speciality dining is for five nights. If you choose cirque dinner show or the others that were 25% discount now you can pay as little as $10 up charge for those seats. I think it's 3 nights speciality dining for 7 night cruise. They also specify one speciality per day now.

You would also lose the $200 obc.

So if your cruise has dropped more than $200 in price since you booked and you are fine with the limited number of speciality dining nights then you may benefit from rebooking if outside final payment.

I tried to rebook my haven suite today to have the gratuities included vs the shore excursion credit (I'm fine with 5 nts speciality dining). But my fare has increased by $300 per person since yesterday so not worth it to rebook for me. Good luck. I think you got the best package available unless your cruise price has decreased considerably. These packages have really been whittled down each month for non suite bookings.

No worries, you will get the terms of the promo you booked under.

But even if you decided to rebook today under the new promo (say your fare went down substantially), you don't pay the UBP gratuities in a suite/haven cabin even under the new promo.

Definitely do the math if you are thinking about re-booking now, the promo that you got is, IMHO, the best one in recent history. I have one booking under that same promo that I'm glad I got when I did. :)

Thanks everyone for replying! People are always so nice on this board, unlike another one that I have posted a few questions to recently and only get snarky comments or no replies at all!!

I have no intention of rebooking! I haven't seen a deal as good as the one I got since then! First time ever I haven't been kicking myself because I missed a good opportunity. Plus, even though my cruise isn't until January, they are already sold out of the suite category I booked. The next higher category that was about $500 more at the time of my booking is now running almost $2000 more than what I paid!! I think I got a great deal!!

Where did you see that the dining package is limited? Even looking at the terms right now, it states you can eat in a specialty restaurant every night of the cruise??

Where did you see that the dining package is limited? Even looking at the terms right now, it states you can eat in a specialty restaurant every night of the cruise??

There have been minor changes, specifically relating to whether or not entertainment dining was included (Blue Ocean for example). For awhile it was included only on the first night, then not included at all, then it was only a 20% discount if you had UDP. I took a screenshot of the terms when I booked just to have something, not sure it will actually do my any good. But generally speaking, the UDP is pretty straight forward.

Thanks everyone for replying! People are always so nice on this board

Not always, plenty of snarky comments to go around here as well. :D I'm glad you got your question answered without it here though.

Sounds like you got a great deal! I hope you have a blast.

I booked my cruise last March when they first offered the FreeStyle Choice. I booked a suite so got all 4 options which included Unlimited Beverages, Unlimited Dining, Gratuities, and $200 OBC. Since then they have changed the UBP and UDP to no longer include gratuities, but that wasn't the case at the time I booked. My cruise isn't until January. Will I now have to pay an 18% gratuity fee for the UDP/UBP?

Thanks!!

No, you are covered. Anyone who had the package booked prior to the change will not be charged anything more.