Anyone on Royal Just Now

Shogun

Well that explains why we don't see you here in Dublin! Back on the Ocean now- still a little breezy and cool here in Dublin but we had a nice day. Guess that is the difference with size of the ships- but we love the Royal too.

Our Captain said yesterday how crowded it would be with you all here too. Sorry you missed Dublin! Safe travels!

Well that explains why we don't see you here in Dublin! Back on the Ocean now- still a little breezy and cool here in Dublin but we had a nice day. Guess that is the difference with size of the ships- but we love the Royal too.

Our Captain said yesterday how crowded it would be with you all here too. Sorry you missed Dublin! Safe travels!

Just heard you are heading to Belfast tomorrow :D - that's the Ocean Princess. Hope you have a good day but like everywhere, the weather forecast is not good. Free shuttle bus to the City Centre, and you can always call in at the Crown Bar if all else fails! ;) We have the Royal Princess following you on Thursday.

Edited by LaBelle

Captain just announced code red is continuing and additional disinfection will be done in all staterooms and public rooms tomorrow while we are in Belfast. We are to put all personal items away and vacate the cabin as soon as possible in the morning to enable the deep cleaning.

We just got back to Southampton on the Royal July 20th. Everything was just wonderful, no one was sick and the seas were calm. It was cold for July, three days did not get out of the 50's and the rest did not get out of the 60's. So sorry to hear of the bad weather and the virus on the sailings after us. The ship is great.

Captain just announced code red is continuing and additional disinfection will be done in all staterooms and public rooms tomorrow while we are in Belfast. We are to put all personal items away and vacate the cabin as soon as possible in the morning to enable the deep cleaning.

thanks for the latest info and please stay well!

Its everywhere. :(

Finally they are cleaning the cabins. Thank god. I hope this will resolve the medical issues. Hope all are safe. We are hearing horror stories from friends we made when they were traveling back. Really it's a shame princess was so unprepared to handel this. I will never cruise on them again and my parents who are Platnium will never do another one of their cruises. It's about customer service and compassion when dealing with so many ill people and they had none. I have held back on sharing some because I want to repeat the privacy of those who like me were treated in a inhuman manner.

Finally they are cleaning the cabins. Thank god. I hope this will resolve the medical issues. Hope all are safe. We are hearing horror stories from friends we made when they were traveling back. Really it's a shame princess was so unprepared to handel this. I will never cruise on them again and my parents who are Platnium will never do another one of their cruises. It's about customer service and compassion when dealing with so many ill people and they had none. I have held back on sharing some because I want to repeat the privacy of those who like me were treated in a inhuman manner.

Such drama over the stomach flu. You stay in bed, you rest, you get better in three days or so. It's not like Ebola or the Black Plague was running rampant. Good luck finding some place in the world where you'll never catch a stomach bug. *snort*

Can you advise when you were on the Royal? recently?

Can you be more specific? Those of us sailing in the next few weeks would like to know how you were mistreated.

Hi All

Have cruised quite a few times with noro code Red etc, Have always found Princess to be very professional in the handling the situation, so find it odd that passengers were treated in an inhuman manner, we need details

Yours Shogun

We disembarked on August 1st and the ship was overcome by the noro virus. People were sick on the rugs in elevators and hallways. There is no way it was sanitized in a 5 hrs it was turned over. Nurse told me on Le Harve day that they had 200 sick thAt day. At that point it's was our 3rd day with code red. People were violently ill on the busses to the airport.

We also disembarked on August 1st. I got ill on the night before Le Havre and rang the medical centre as advised. I didn't realise that so many got ill the same day. My cabin was sanitised that morning. I just about struggled out of bed to answer the door. It was the most awful sickness virus and, a week later, I am still feeling nauseous and off my food.

We had a separate disembarkment and were supposed to meet in Alfedos at 9.30am along with all the other isolated passengers. I was allowed to stay in my cabin until then.we got to Alfreods on time but they had all gone - I think they were running ahead of schedule. But I'm sure you wouldn't be ble to fit 200 people in Alfedos???

Luckily, we are only an hour from Southampton and I had stopped being sick by then. There is no way I could have coped with a bus journey or a flight if I was still being sick - so don't know how others managed it. My mum, who shared a cabin with me, didn't get ill, neither did the rest of my family once I got home. So it shows that you can avoid getting it if you are VERY careful.

There must have been contamination all over the ship - almost impossible to clean. Princess did a good job and the last thing they want is sick passengers. But must be like fighting a losing battle.

Tracey

We disembarked on August 1st and the ship was overcome by the noro virus. People were sick on the rugs in elevators and hallways. There is no way it was sanitized in a 5 hrs it was turned over. Nurse told me on Le Harve day that they had 200 sick thAt day. At that point it's was our 3rd day with code red. People were violently ill on the busses to the airport.

We also disembarked on August 1st. I got ill on the night before Le Havre and rang the medical centre as advised. I didn't realise that so many got ill the same day. My cabin was sanitised that morning. I just about struggled out of bed to answer the door. It was the most awful sickness virus and a week later, I am still feeling nauseous and off my food.

We had a separate disembarkment and were supposed to meet in Alfedos at 9.30am along with all the other isolated passengers. I was allowed to stay in my cabin until then. We got to Alfreods on time but they had all gone - I think they were running ahead of schedule. But I'm sure you wouldn't be ble to fit 200 people in Alfedos???

Luckily, we are only an hour from Southampton and I had stopped being sick by then. There is no way I could have coped with a bus journey or a flight if I was still being sick - so don't know how others managed it. My mum, who shared a cabin with me, didn't get ill, neither did the rest of my family once I got home. So it shows that you can avoid getting it if you are VERY careful.

There must have been contamination all over the ship - almost impossible to clean. Princess did a good job and the last thing they want is sick passengers. But must be like fighting a losing battle.

Tracey

Hi All

Have cruised quite a few times with noro code Red etc, Have always found Princess to be very professional in the handling the situation, so find it odd that passengers were treated in an inhuman manner, we need details

Yours Shogun

Shogun, thanks for updating us. We are on the next sailing.

. I have held back on sharing some because I want to repeat the privacy of those who like me were treated in a inhuman manner.

If it's one thing I really hate on a cruise ship, it's being treated in a inhuman manner.

Once I was keel hauled for using the wrong fork at supper. Then there was the old bamboo splints under the fingernails, because I ordered red wine with a fish dish. I had figured it would be OK, as the fish was red snapper. Wrong and did I ever pay the price.

Talk about drama queens

Last I heard only 10 passengers had the NV - Greenock is nice and dry for a change:eek:

I hope the numbers are going down because it was a horrible thing to have. That is great if they can now get it under containment.

Tracey

We had a separate disembarkment and were supposed to meet in Alfedos at 9.30am along with all the other isolated passengers. I was allowed to stay in my cabin until then.we got to Alfreods on time but they had all gone - I think they were running ahead of schedule. But I'm sure you wouldn't be ble to fit 200 people in Alfedos???

All those sick people meeting in the restaurant for disembarkation?

Whats wrong with that picture? YUK. :eek:

I think this is partly due to the Royal being so big. I have never had the service on a big ship the way we get on the small ships. Code Red means seriously more work for the staff, who are just as likely to get sick as anyone. So if staff is stretched thin, and people who should have stayed in their cabins go out and puke in a public area, those staff members responding might be a little cranky. After all they are at most risk now because they have to clean it up.

The last place I would want to be on disembarkation would be in a bus full of sick people. Think I would try to book a private transfer if that was the case. And I would probably want to just go to a hotel if I was sick. I don't think they would let you on a plane if you were barfing up a storm. Our travel insurance includes a concierge to help in instances like that, if you need to change flights or find a hotel or doctor because too sick to travel.