Adriatic Explorer

Just printed out my e ticket for our September cruise on the Majesty. She is the one Thomson ship we haven't sailed on so really looking forward to exploring when we get onboard. Travelling with another two couples so expect to need another holiday when we get back! We have good early morning flights so get into Corfu at lunch time. Could anyone let me know how far to Corfu town from the harbour? Toying with buying my lotions and potions out there to save weight in the cases.

Just printed out my e ticket for our September cruise on the Majesty. She is the one Thomson ship we haven't sailed on so really looking forward to exploring when we get onboard. Travelling with another two couples so expect to need another holiday when we get back! We have good early morning flights so get into Corfu at lunch time. Could anyone let me know how far to Corfu town from the harbour? Toying with buying my lotions and potions out there to save weight in the cases.

30 to 40 minutes walk or get a local bus from outside the terminal. About 1.5 miles according to boogle dearth :)

It is the #16 or 17 bus from the port. Only a few minutes walk through the terminal buildings from the ship. There is a shuttle to the port entrance, but it is such a short walk, it's not worth it unless you have walking difficulties.

This may be useful :)

http://www.whatsinport.com/Kerkyra-Corfu.htm

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

I suggest you buy your "lotions and potions" at the airport as they can be expensive in Corfu.

Just returned from Corfu.

The bus from the port, once exiting the Terminal building is a 16 to the Old Town, at a cost of EU 1.70 one way per person. The ride is 5 minutes and takes you to a large square immediately outside of the Old Town shops etc.

The walk would be pleasant, but 30 minutes at least.

Possibly of better value is to pay EU 5.00 per person for unlimited bus travel for the day. We took the bus to the Old Town then caught another bus (no. 10 bus - this bus stop was 5 minutes walk away, please note), to the Achilleon Palace and had a lovely tour around there.

The unlimited bus travel can also take you to Benitses (no. 6), Dassia (no.7), and Pelekas (no.11).

If you have time and I think you will, and are not doing an excursion then use of this all day bus pass would, in my opinion be recommended.

Just returned from Corfu.

The bus from the port, once exiting the Terminal building is a 16 to the Old Town, at a cost of EU 1.70 one way per person. The ride is 5 minutes and takes you to a large square immediately outside of the Old Town shops etc.

The walk would be pleasant, but 30 minutes at least.

Possibly of better value is to pay EU 5.00 per person for unlimited bus travel for the day. We took the bus to the Old Town then caught another bus (no. 10 bus - this bus stop was 5 minutes walk away, please note), to the Achilleon Palace and had a lovely tour around there.

The unlimited bus travel can also take you to Benitses (no. 6), Dassia (no.7), and Pelekas (no.11).

If you have time and I think you will, and are not doing an excursion then use of this all day bus pass would, in my opinion be recommended.

And presumably the #2 to Kanoni which is a circular route picking up by the port and going out to the view point for the Monastery and Mouse Island. It's also where you see the incoming planes as the runway disappears into the water here. Nice trip out with some well placed cafes at Kanoni. You can get off the bus in the Old Town on the way back or there is a ferry service if you fancy going back that way for different views.

Good tip about the all day tickets though - didn't know about that. Thanks.