Did anyone go to the movies on the Caribbean Princess??

Casey12

I have read several reviews and it doesn't appear anyone went to the movies at night on the Caribbean Princess last week.

Was it the movie selection --Something has Got to Give and Tina Turner concert - not my choice of movies/concerts-- or the concept?

Hello! I was on the cruise last week. We did go to see the movie one night. I thought it was enjoyable. it was a nice warm night, we were at the 10:30 showing (one was at 7:30). We were later in getting there, and had to have more up close seats, which I think made the screen a little less clear. Sound was sometimes hard to get all the words. They roped off the area and take tickets at first, but then after it has started they take down the ropes nearest the buffett doors so people can go back and forth. there wasn't much traffic then anyway. They have soft and comfy special cushions that they put on all the lounge chairs... even embroidered with "movies under the stars". Each chair also gets a blanket that is only used for this. They pass out popcorn, and a bar is locted under the screen. no one was in the pool. There are a total of 5 pools so I assume they went somewhere else. The movies played three nights I think, they also did the concerts, and my husband enjoyed watching a basketball game one night. I don't think that this detracts at all from whatever you might want to do on the ship. And as other posters have said, there was so many other things to do that this would probably take a back seat to other things. We just wanted to try it for the novelty of it.

We also attended a 10:30 showing of Something Gotta Give. The chairs are really comfy and they give you blankets in case the air is cool or if you just want to snuggle. Nice. Popcorn is free, beverages and candy are not.

The pool is actually covered with the rope thing so people don't have a choice about being in there, you just can't. The only problem we were aware of is that although the area is roped off there is still an aisle for people to go back and forth to the Horizon Court and a bar at the pool is open so people in those areas are noisy. . .bar patrons can sit to the side and have little parties, which is their right as they have also paid for their cruises. It was a bit distracting but not a horrible thing. I'm glad we went.

and is it noisy with all the people traffic?

Jeanne-Marie

Caribbean Princess 10/16/2004

Triumph 4/26/2003

Triumph 4/13/2002

Sensation 96-01

Destiny 97

Costa Victoria 99

Horizon 95

Noordam 89

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

islesun_e0.gif

People are NOT allowed to swim and watch the movie at the same time. It was noisy for a while at the 10:30 show because of the bar patrons but it quieted down. I imagine the 7:30 show would be much more noisy because of the Horizon Court traffic AND the bar.

We were "outside" the ropes the first night (7:30) they showed the movie - just went to get coffee at the HC. There is no food in the HC at that time and there was only one other table occupied and they were very quiet. The movie is a little loud in that exact area so I would think most people would want to socialize on another portion of the deck when the movie is playing. It looked like a real fun evening and a comfortable way to spend an hour or so...Carol

16 cruises and still counting...

I've been having quite a time checking the CP webcam periodically tonight. If the picture was just a little better we could see what is on the movie screen. Rignt now it's dark, I assume because 4:31 GMT is some odd hour when they dont show anything

...does this tell you anything about Friday night in Kansas?

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Carnival Victory 12/19/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Chris - I live in the SF Bay Area where there's a million things to do on a Friday night and what am I doing? Checking the webcam. This addiction crosses all lines, geographic, economic, political and YES even religious LOL. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sharon

Elation 05/98

Paradise 04/99

Destiny 10/99

Inspiration 05/00

Enchantment of the Seas 10/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 03/01

Carnival Spirit 05/01

Grandeur of the Seas 11/01

Ocean Princess 04/02

Jubilee 09/02

Carnival Conquest 03/03

Serenade of the Seas 11/08/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 02/29/04-Daughter's Wedding

Caribbean Princess 06/05/04

Cast off the ropes, cast off your cares...we're outta here

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 <marquee>SUNSHINE DAYDREAM...GOIN' WHERE THE CLIMATE SUITS MY CLOTHES</marquee>

Archived