booking excursion at the Ketchikan pier

dng6325

We'll be sailing NCL Pearl to Alaska in 2 weeks, and will be docking at Ketchikan from 6am to 1:30pm. Some members in our family want to do a 1/2 day salmon fishing trip out of Ketchikan that starts at 7am. They would rather wait and book at the pier so they can see what kind of weather it will be.

Are there vendors for that type of trip at the pier? Are vendors present at the pier as early as 6am?

Thanks!

I wouldn't think it likely to be able to pick up a fishing trip on the dock. These trips require prep work, and in my experience, are booked in advance. I've never seen any fishing vendors on the dock (not to say there aren't any, just haven't seen any)

You are short on port time, fishing charters are usually in the 3-4 hour range. The only way you should consider this type of booking would be with full acceptance of not going.

my 2cents is never wait to the end to book an excursion if it is something you want. You might get luck or you might be SOL.

As BQ said, I think the better vendors likely book up. I recalled when I came back from my fishing trip ( pre planned months in advance ) I saw a lot of people hawking various flightseening and other things, no fishing as that is usually a much longer type excursion.

Even if it rains, fishing is still fun... IMHO