Carnival Dream 12205

Inkah

Coevan... i assume all the rooms you listed are very much similar so feel free to let me know how the temp was if you have stayed in one of those. The last two cruises i have been on... the rooms were hotter than hades so just trying to be informed before i go next month. Appreciate your snark though.

Has anyone stayed in this room and if so.. hows the temp of the ac?

We stayed in that cabin last January. It was nice and cool, we got the temperature lower than 70. Please post when you get back and let me know how it is in August. (We had a horribly hot inside cabin on the Valor lido deck so I understand your concern)

We were in 12211 a few years ago and loved it. AC was fine. You will like that cabin it would be the one I would pick if going again. BTW: if you go to the bow end of the corridor there is a door that will take you directly into the spa area without going around to the elevator lobby area.

The nice thing about 12205 is the deck above has a glass partition so people can't hang over and look down on your balcony.

We were in 12211 a few years ago and loved it. AC was fine. You will like that cabin it would be the one I would pick if going again. BTW: if you go to the bow end of the corridor there is a door that will take you directly into the spa area without going around to the elevator lobby area.

The nice thing about 12205 is the deck above has a glass partition so people can't hang over and look down on your balcony.

We were in this cabin in May of this yr. Temp was easy to control. We were in the spa everyday. On some port days we were the only ones using the Spa facilities.

Can't be that

I will be in that hall in 18 excruciating days, so I will let you know when I get back how our room is! If I ever run into anyone staying in 12205, I will ask them about the a/c in there.

Edited by NOLAbebe

I would stick with 12205. In 12211 people stand on the deck above (usually at sail away) and look down. They really only see about from your ankles to toes if your feet are up on the rail and mostly were only there for a few minutes as it gets a little windy there while sailing. If you go forward two cabins then there is glass on the deck above so nobody can stand and look over. If I was booking again I would do 12207 forward just for that reason.

If I recall correctly the "secret" door is at the end of the corridor by 12201. The deck plan on Carnival site is deceiving as it doesn't show the door there and it doesn't show the interior doors within the spa area either. You will notice two sets of men's and ladies locker rooms. One set is for anybody to use (doors are in the main corridor) and the other set is sectioned off and there are doors that have to be opened with your Cloud 9 door card.

BTW: don't leave your Cloud 9 card in your robe pocket and exit a spa door as you can't get back in. I have first hand knowledge that this can happen!

Some have complained about the deck 12 cabins as there is little over hang and therefore less shade than with a deck of cabins above. Personally, we liked the openness of not having the full over hang and there was always enough shade for us.

• 4 weeks later...

So here are the pics from 12207. First is a view from balcony.

12207 is a spa room...NO PROBLEM with AC!!!

Nice and BRIGHT/SUNNY. Loved the openness on the balcony. Cabins forward of us and our balcony had nothing above it but catwalk.

IMG_5461.jpg.26109771371fd09658761552042908d8.jpg

IMG_5462.jpg.4a31b8f223c47f0db8f2a11f2e66b536.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg.907e25d09cf7e833ed57930c6da06dcf.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg.3af536085475936fe17b93a0e44e5f55.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg.84ecfa99f0142d791a202bcd3be9091c.jpg

Edited by sapphiregem

Just got back Sunday, and we stayed in room 12-203. 12-201 was to our left (with two bathrooms!!!), and 12-205 to our right.

We never saw ANYONE in this hall but stewards!!!! It was SO QUIET I couldn't believe it, and we looooooooooooooooved it!

A/C was good- never HOT, per se, unless you left the curtains open, *but* we also appreciated the two small fans we brought with us to circulate the air. This makes such a difference, I will not take a cruise without them. You come out of a hot shower and want some cool air on your face, or cool air over the bed while you're trying to go to sleep. Without them, the room wasn't uncomfortable, exactly, but it wasn't comfortable enough for ME.

The secret spa door was right across from our door, but it was closed and said 'crew only'. Furthermore, you had to drop your room key off to the desk to trade for a Spa card that slid into the locks to the VIP areas, so bypassing the front desk would get you nowhere (anyone who actually USED this secret door, I'd love to hear what you did once you were in, because we couldn't see the benefit without the VIP electronic card, not to mention the whole 'crew only' thing).

Our balcony never had a single person hanging over it, felt very private, and we loved it at night!!! The breeze was fantastic, and the stars were breathtaking. I mean, BREATHTAKING. During the day, it was rather hot as it had no direct cover, but once the sun started to set, it was just lovely out there.

All in all, loved the spa floor, loved this room, and would only choose room 12-201 over this one due to its second bathroom, which would have been AMAZEBALLS for two girls!!

Edited by NOLAbebe