Formal nights on Thanksgiving cruise

lktomkies

Hi all- We will be on Jewel of the Seas for Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if that is a formal night? Does that replace the "lobster" formal night? My husband is allergic to shell fish, so we thought we'd go to the Chops Grille on lobster formal night, but I don't want to miss out on turkey in the dining room!

We went on Navigator last year and Thanksgiving was their version of the traditional dinner, it was ok, but I make dinner each year so I was a little biased.

I am pretty sure they had lobster night one of the other nights, I just can't remember which one. Let me know if you have any other questions.

We'll be on Legend of the Seas for Thanksgiving and I know Thanksgiving IS formal night. I was looking forward to lobster, rather than turkey. Because it's Thanksgiving, does that mean they will not have lobster on that formal night?:confused:

We had Thanksgiving dinner on RCCL and it was aweful.

I'm sure it doesn't compare to 'Mom's homecooked Thanksgiving meal' but then again I'm sure Mom's house doesn't compare to a cruise ship floating in the Caribbean either!:cool:

On Navigator last year, the lobster dinner was served on Wednesday (casual dress) and Thanksgiving (special "traditional" holiday menu) was a formal night. All 18 of us in our group really enjoyed the Thanksgivng meal and especially enjoyed the fact that the caribbean-night menu was skipped that week!! Thankgiving dinner definitely had a gourmet flare, but all the standards were offered and there were still multiple choices for each course of the meal -- so if you're not a turkey-lover there will be other choices. Enjoy -- and don't miss Portofino's. We've had wonderful meals there on both Adventure and Explorer.

Normally on Rhapsody, Thursday is the formal night and the lobster is served then. That is a port night as they are departing Grand Cayman and heading to Cozumel. As stated in my earlier post, for Thanksgiving, the lobster was postponed one night and served as we departed Cozumel so they could serve the traditional turkey and dressing for Thanksgiving. The only night on our cruise they should not think serving the lobster would be for Key West as we are sitting in port until midnight and many people eat in town and there is only one seating for dinner. I might add that there were other options available on Thanksgiving for those who do not like turkey and dressing. I might also add that the best part of the thanksgiving dinner was that there were no dishes to do after dinner!

We sailed VOS Thanksgiving 2004. We were in Cozumel that day.

Dress was casual/ 50's,60's

They did serve a traditional turkey and dressing dinner. Not fabulous, But tasty all the same and yes NO Dishes!!! as i recall,,,there were several other tempting choices...nothing like lobster, but maybe it was filet or duck...something like that that made me double think the need for Turkey on Thanksgiving day.

Archived