Thoughts Welcome!!!

c*r*u*I*s*e

I've been reading the CC boards for ages, so entertaining at times.....moaning for moaning sake!!!

Two topics appear time and time again-

1> lack of seating in buffet areas (on all ships)

2> lack of or taken sun-lounger's

I mean "Get real guys". …....use a bit of common sense!!!

If 3000 people all go to get lunch at the same time, there really is going to be tears!!........Instead of moaning and letting it ruin your cruise ,just alter the times you go for food,you will be amazed by the space available...... especially towards the rear of the ships(Princess,P&O)

Also, if you get up late/mid-morning like the majority for breakfast, .....

A- you probably WONT get a seat!!!

B- you WONT get a lounger, or in a place you want one!!!

I'm not having a dig, but i have read time and time again about people on here, almost at boiling point,threatening to never use the cruise line again and blaming the staff, when with a little common sense, most problems could be solved and everyone could enjoy their cruise.

And 'Yes' I know there are the 'Few' who spoil things (Not going there on this thread)

Myself and my wife have NEVER had any problems with dining or loungers, we try not to pick at the small petty things if possible, and always have a great time!!

I know I'm leaving myself open here with this thread, but cruising is meant to be fun!!

Steve and Wendy

I've been reading the CC boards for ages, so entertaining at times.....moaning for moaning sake!!!

If 3000 people all go to get lunch at the same time, there really is going to be tears!!........Instead of moaning and letting it ruin your cruise ,just alter the times you go for food,you will be amazed by the space available...... especially towards the rear of the ships(Princess,P&O)

I'm not having a dig, but i have read time and time again about people on here, almost at boiling point,threatening to never use the cruise line again and blaming the staff, when with a little common sense, most problems could be solved and everyone could enjoy their cruise.

And 'Yes' I know there are the 'Few' who spoil things (Not going there on this thread)

Myself and my wife have NEVER had any problems with dining or loungers, we try not to pick at the small petty things if possible, and always have a great time!!

I know I'm leaving myself open here with this thread, but cruising is meant to be fun!!

Steve and Wendy

The most sensible thread I've read on here in a long time! Thank you :-)

We did just what you said on Britannia over the last two weeks. There was nothing that caused us grief except for the small matter of taking part in the "Strictly" dance competition!

The wife wasn't happy when I forgot to mention it would take place on the theatre stage and not in the Crystal lounge. Ooops!

Totally agree, you see similar comments on lots of hotel reviews too. Its so easy to work around busy times it amazes me that when people complain about no tables etc they continue to go to the buffet at the same time every day.

We count ourselves extremely fortunate to have our health and financial means to see the world from the comfort of our ship, no time to moan, nothing is that important. Just ENJOY.

:D;)

I'm always amazed at how crowded the buffet is at 12 when we are just walking through. i don't get up early when I'm on holiday, so probably wouldn't have breakfast until 9 which lasts an hour. So a lunch at 1.45 or even 2 is fine. Then there are the queues for Freedom dining which start at 5.30????? What's that all about? Haven't eaten at 6 since I was 6!

I'm with you. A bit of sensible planning and there's not usually a problem with buffets and deckchairs etc . To be honest a good breakfast option is "go to the MDR and be served" . The one cruise that did get a bit hectic was On Explorer of the Seas, 14 days Iceland and Norway and it rained 12 of those days, in the end people weren't even going ashore whilst in port as the weather was so bad. Seating was challenging but I like a challenge!

Really loved some of the replies, its nice to know that there are sensible people who cruise!!......People who look past the little things, who have fun!!..........And, If there are "challenge's" use common sense to turn negatives to positives.

Steve and Wendy

I'm always amazed at how crowded the buffet is at 12 when we are just walking through. i don't get up early when I'm on holiday, so probably wouldn't have breakfast until 9 which lasts an hour. So a lunch at 1.45 or even 2 is fine. Then there are the queues for Freedom dining which start at 5.30????? What's that all about? Haven't eaten at 6 since I was 6!

Is there something wrong with someone who wants to dine at 6pm. That doesn't somehow make them an inferior person. They may have been up at 6, done an hour in the gym, had an early breakfast and a light lunch and been swimming all day. Not me but I really don't see the need to comment as you have. Its their problem if they go when there are queues and entirely up to those of us who alter their day to get round the problem.

We recently went on our first P and O cruise. After reading all the comments on these boards I was a bit apprehensive. We had one of the best cruises we have done. It was enhanced by the 3 other couples that we dined with each night.

We laughed till we cried almost every evening and had lots of fun and nobody at our table moaned.

I did have cause for complaint to P and O, but it was personal to me and they have dealt with it efficiently.

I don't drink tea, so take coffee bags for the cabin. I'm not a big breakfast eater, so often miss it, but OH will go on his own, but later. We prefer lunch at 2pm and have late sitting for dinner.

Never encounter any queues.

We go on holiday to have a good time. There will always be something minor to moan about, but we don't let small, insignificant things bother us.

Steve and Wendy

h

Ha ha could not agree more and have said so many times on here.

I've never had any issues as we we just like to have fun, chill and don't go looking for problems, only solutions if the need arises.

I am surprised you havnt the 'oh you must be one of the one's creating the problems if you hadn't noticed or come up against such things' brigade...lol...Thats become a favourite line on here of late.

The last thread I entered into with regard to reserving the sunbeds and the fact I never had a problem, or even noticed anyone having issues, well the name calling was hilarious. I was selfish, self centred and had to be blind and stupid to not notice. :D oh and I was one of these people causing the problems!

I am going on my 4th P & O cruise this year. I can't wait and feel very safe in the knowledge that I will enjoy every single bit of it and if wee things crop up, I'll deal with without any drama.

Edited by laurakdy

I have no problem getting a sun lounger just get up at dawn and bag one with my towel - only joking.

Breakfast in the main dining room so again not a problem.

Lunch in the buffet after the mad rush so again not a problem.

I enjoy my holidays so find the best way to enjoy it.

Holidaying in a resort is the same the sunbeds on the beach or around the pool are always taken so find some where else to sunbathe.

Complaining is a hobby to some people. Each to their own I guess.

Laurakdy.......I was waiting for the type of comments that you describe from at least one person, alas a healthy good positive thread for once, with sensible, intelligent people.

Loved all of your inputs and have to say, it would be a pleasure to have any of you as fellow passengers.

Steve and Wendy

Laurakdy.......I was waiting for the type of comments that you describe from at least one person, alas a healthy good positive thread for once, with sensible, intelligent people.

Loved all of your inputs and have to say, it would be a pleasure to have any of you as fellow passengers.

Steve and Wendy

As I would also and Thankyou. We are cruising in December on Azura and cannot wait. Xx