What is the Jazz Brunch?

rwslv

Has been around for awhile. Not too many people sign up for it. We tried on the Gem last year but they didn't have enough people. It was advertised as music while you eat. It was to take place in the Bistro with a special menu at a cost of $20.

Is this new?

Nope, not new. Has been on most if not all cruises we have done over the last 5+ years. It is held on a sea day, and the jazz band plays while you have a ridiculously huge delicious brunch. There is a buffet to start, and a menu for the main course. I don't remember all the choices but I usually have the filet with shrimp. Dessert is also from the buffet. It is very good and we enjoy jazz so we usually attend.

You'll find out onboard if it gets arranged - just sign up early and you'll be notified if the event gets cancelled.

We have attended Jazz Brunch couple of times and I think it's well worth the price - I have to disagree with "not too many people sign up for it" comment, on our cruises it has been usually full (we haven't even been able always to get the reservation time we want). So it depends highly on the ship, itinerary and clientele.

Edited by Demonyte

Has been around for awhile. Not too many people sign up for it. We tried on the Gem last year but they didn't have enough people. It was advertised as music while you eat. It was to take place in the Bistro with a special menu at a cost of $20.

It has been around for ages - it used to be $15:(.

Here is the menu from the last time we did it (last February on the Spirit, so pay no attention to the drink prices).

jazz_zpspltx0mep.jpg

It was $15 at the time, and not included in the UDP. The buffets were very nicely presented and along with the made-to-order menu, it was all really way too much food. :) They did it in the mid-ship MDR.

Is this new?

On one of our cruises, the concierge "invited" us to attend this brunch and we thought perhaps it was one of the perks of being in our suite. After we got there and had our meal, found out that there was a $20 charge per person. Did not feel that a brunch was worth $20 per person - but that was our personal opinion.

Cole