Vikin star moving on

Mammacat

She is transiting the Kiel canal

I see no tug following her :confused:

marinetraffic.com

I see that the VS is underway and currently transiting the Kiel Canal (deviating from its normally scheduled cruise passage; but then again what has been normal so far in this cruise?). Since this is supposed to be the "Passages Through Western Europe" cruise, is Viking trying to get back on the scheduled itinerary and bee-lining it to Southhampton by using the canal instead of sailing around Denmark? Just wondering and not sure of the Star's next port of call.

We were told that once it went thru the canal the next stop would be

Le Harve, France. This would by pass both England and the Stop in Rouen, France. Both were scheduled to be overnight stops. The stop in Le Harve is only for a day. The original schedule would resume in Lisbon, Portugal. We cancelled that cruise because of the major schedule changes. However, we had booked a back to back in Barcelona so plan on meeting the ship there.

We were told that once it went thru the canal the next stop would be

Le Harve, France. This would by pass both England and the Stop in Rouen, France. Both were scheduled to be overnight stops. The stop in Le Harve is only for a day. The original schedule would resume in Lisbon, Portugal. We cancelled that cruise because of the major schedule changes. However, we had booked a back to back in Barcelona so plan on meeting the ship there.

Thanks for the information, NancyiNJ. Sorry you are missing a substantial part of your cruise, as I am for anyone whose cruise(s) have been altered or otherwise gone astray in these trying times for Viking Ocean Cruises. I hope that Viking's management is taking the long term look at these series of events and sees that this is a great opportunity for them to gain tremendous good will and word of mouth advertising that will far outweigh any up front expense of making every possible thing right for their customers. It will pay off many times more than the near term costs.

Hmm plenty of dark cabins in the photos at pre-dusk time perhaps 8:30pm local. Also no one visible on weather deck. Strange considering this is a rare, unscheduled transit in what looks like nice weather.