Tendering in Juneau

Rubynic

We are sailing on Star Princess next May and our itinerary has advised that we will be tendered into Juneau. We have visited here twice before and both times we docked at the port. I have tried to check if there are a lot of other ships in port but cannot find info for May 16. Is tendering here usual ?

We are sailing on Star Princess next May and our itinerary has advised that we will be tendered into Juneau. We have visited here twice before and both times we docked at the port. I have tried to check if there are a lot of other ships in port but cannot find info for May 16. Is tendering here usual ?

It happens several times a season.

They will drop you off right downtown, usually in front of one of the AL ships.

I'm not sure if it is a first come--first serve situation when there are too many ships scheduled in any one Alaska port but one of my cruises had a notice stating we would be tendering in Juneau yet when we arrived that morning the captain announced we would not be tendering and would dock instead.

It appears that Norwegian Sun, Noordam and Ruby Princess are in Juneau on the the day that Star is there, 18 May 2016.

We will also be there 16 May 2016 on Crown Princess according to our to our tour guide