Danube - It's Raining

G.M.T.

I think I'll just bring a rain jacket and keep my mouth shut, lol. I promised myself that I would happily deal with a rainy cruise if it meant no cancellation or days of bussing, and I meant it!

Are there hair dryers in the cabins? I pretty much never use them, so haven't paid attention to if they are or not until now. But it might come in handy for soggy shoes...

Today was the first day since the low water issues started (3-4 weeks ago? i can't remember ;) ) when a Viking long ship (the Atla) left Nuremberg for Regensburg. While I was really happy about everything going back to 'normal', some of the PAX complained (!!!) about rain and the cold weather during the city tour ruining their cruise experience.. :eek:

Suggest they send a letter of complaint to God. :D

We will complete our Budapest to Amsterdam cruise on Uniworld on Wednesday morning. We had to change ships (bus transfer from Melk to Regensberg and the a couple hour ride to Passau for our tour) but it has been a wonderful cruise. The captain gave a talk tonight on being a river cruise captain and mentioned that the good news was that the Danube is reopened to all ships. The bad news is that they are predicting that in 2 days it will be closed (for hours not days) due to high water:eek:. The land is so parched - it was very sad to see stunted and yellowing corn stalks - that the rain has not soaked in. It's just run off into the rivers.