The Suite Life

RCCL Fan

Looking at trying out the Dream class, after being with another cruise line almost exclusively.

I'm looking at Suites.

I see Ocean and Dream suites offered.

Can anyone tell me about the differences and what is Carnival's suite amenities program like? Wondering how it compares to RCI/Celeb.

Thanks

Carnival has very few perks, especially compared to other lines. Priority embarkation/debarkation, priority dining reservations, priority tender and that is pretty much it. Nothing like NCL the only other line I've been on in suites. And the rooms are not all that much larger than a regular cabin. But I usually get a Grand suite for the extra room especially in the bathroom.

We've been in suites (GS) on both Carnival and RCI. Carnival has virtually no suite perks (other than those that timhoke notes) and RCI has substantial amenities for their GS and above guests (as I'm sure you're aware). The GS cabins themselves are very comparable in size, comfort, etc. between the two lines but you will pay more for a suite on RCI versus Carnival.

You are getting room space and little to nothing else. In doing research I've found various ships to have some special or unique rooms though and am pleasantly surprised at Carnivals rather large standard rooms compared to Royals small rooms

Thank you all it helped.

We're planning our next RCI cruise, but just for curiosity I priced Carnival Dream out of New Orleans (driving distance, saving on airfare for four)

The Suite was the same price as a regular balcony on RCI.

It's no secret to you guys I'm a RCI guy, and don't mind paying more for them.

But if I was going to save airfare AND get suite perks I likely would have tried them out.

hearing no suite perks, means I'm really just saving on the airfare.

So, I think I'll stick with the usual for now...

Thanks for the feedback.

Happy sailing.

Carnival has very few perks, especially compared to other lines. Priority embarkation/debarkation, priority dining reservations, priority tender and that is pretty much it. Nothing like NCL the only other line I've been on in suites. And the rooms are not all that much larger than a regular cabin. But I usually get a Grand suite for the extra room especially in the bathroom.

On Carnival, suite perks do not include priority dining reservations or priority tender.

The only perks are priority embark and debark.

I think the suites (even the ocean suites ) are significantly larger than the regular balcony rooms. The big difference for me is the dressing area which makes my cruise so much more pleasant (2 of my sons always stay in the room with us). It would be nice if there were extra perks but that would up the price :-)