Any rumored beverage package promos or price increases?

Sailing the Allure in November. I'd gotten excited about the current beverage package promo where if you purchase the Ultimate, you get the other package free and the bottle of champagne...until I realized it's not valid for sailings after this month.

I definitely want to purchase the UBP Just wondering if anyone thinks there might be another type of promo for it coming up?

Or on the opposite side, with all the posts about the rising prices of drinks, does anyone predict the beverage packages might go up too?

We have OBC to use on our November cruise, and my original intent was to use it towards the purchase price of the Premium package. But when the daily gratuities increased first, then drink prices increased suddenly and quite dramatically, my thought was the price for the packages would be next. I still think they've increased drink prices to make the package prices seem a better deal or more appealing - and just when people are used to paying that price for the packages, it's my opinion that the package prices will increase. I guess time will tell. But that's precisely why I purchased my two premium packages for November in advance. At least if they do have a price increase before then I'm already paid at the current rate.

Plus, with all the other "sales" and "promos", you have to reprice your cruise under current fare pricing in order to get the deal. I have yet to see on of those offers coincide with reduced fares. Quite the opposite in fact. Usually, the fares increase just about equal to the cost of the promo they're offering, so that, to me, isn't really a promo at all. :rolleyes:

We have OBC to use on our November cruise, and my original intent was to use it towards the purchase price of the Premium package. But when the daily gratuities increased first, then drink prices increased suddenly and quite dramatically, my thought was the price for the packages would be next. I still think they've increased drink prices to make the package prices seem a better deal or more appealing - and just when people are used to paying that price for the packages, it's my opinion that the package prices will increase. I guess time will tell. But that's precisely why I purchased my two premium packages for November in advance. At least if they do have a price increase before then I'm already paid at the current rate.

Plus, with all the other "sales" and "promos", you have to reprice your cruise under current fare pricing in order to get the deal. I have yet to see on of those offers coincide with reduced fares. Quite the opposite in fact. Usually, the fares increase just about equal to the cost of the promo they're offering, so that, to me, isn't really a promo at all. :rolleyes:

Smart thinking, lock in the price now, and agree with your opinion, that prices on the drink pkges. will be going up soon.

Sailing the Allure in November. I'd gotten excited about the current beverage package promo where if you purchase the Ultimate, you get the other package free and the bottle of champagne...until I realized it's not valid for sailings after this month.

I definitely want to purchase the UBP Just wondering if anyone thinks there might be another type of promo for it coming up?

Or on the opposite side, with all the posts about the rising prices of drinks, does anyone predict the beverage packages might go up too?

Where does one find a promo like this?

Where does one find a promo like this?

You will see it when you shop for beverage packages under the Cruise Planner for your reservation. Read the print for the Ultimate package and it will explain it. It's only valid for packages purchased now for sailings until August 31st.

We sail on August 31 on Enchantment of the Seas. I just bought 2 Ultimate beverages packages (full price). I have read the details on the RC Planning your cruise/beverage packages online and it just said you get a complimentary Royal Refreshment pkg, a souvenir cup, and a bottle of champagne. Where does it say if you buy one pkg you get the other one free?? I want this!

We sail on August 31 on Enchantment of the Seas. I just bought 2 Ultimate beverages packages (full price). I have read the details on the RC Planning your cruise/beverage packages online and it just said you get a complimentary Royal Refreshment pkg, a souvenir cup, and a bottle of champagne. Where does it say if you buy one pkg you get the other one free?? I want this!

Sorry if my post implied you got another Ultimate package free...that wasn't what I meant. As you said, the promotion gets you a free Royal Refreshment package. I just get Refreshment and Replenish mixed up so I didn't want to say the wrong one.

I was on the allure in July in Europe. Some of the drinks are 10$ but most are 12 with a 18% gratuity added. And if you are in Europe you get an extra 10% added on top. I think royal didn't make a good decision by increasing prices ,especially in Europe. It took away from what I would normally give my waiter extra. A couple of times I did tip extra but your drink comes out to almost 17$. People did not drink no where near what I have seen in the states. Most people did not have the package. If you like wine it's cheaper you get almost 4.5 glasses out of a bottle that's about 25-30$ they did let us bring our limoncello back on the ship and keep in our state room.

I took advantage of the buy one get one half off the second premium package. Wanted to make sure I booked before any new price increase before our cruise in February.

We have 8 cabins booked for January 2017. RCI keeps saying the prices are not loaded into the system yet. Several people wanted to purchase a beverage pkg. and be done with it.

I believe they don't want to lock in prices for us that far out. So....yes, I believe prices will go up.

We have 8 cabins booked for January 2017. RCI keeps saying the prices are not loaded into the system yet. Several people wanted to purchase a beverage pkg. and be done with it.

I believe they don't want to lock in prices for us that far out. So....yes, I believe prices will go up.

Very interesting. Does sound pretty suspicious.

Hmmm...we have seven staterooms booked on the Allure 1/31/16 and beverage packages ARE available for us to book. I just checked again a few seconds ago to be sure it hadn't disappeared.