Your first RCI ship

nikki303

We were Celebrity loyalists until Oct 2003 when we cruised with 30+ family and friends on Voyager of the Seas. Since then we've been on Adventure of the Seas and Empress of the Seas and will sail Jewel of the Seas on Nov 1st. Of course we still mix it up a little with Celebrity cruises too!

My wife and I have been on the Rhapsody of the Sea twice, and it is still our favorite of the ships we have been on. We have only used two other lines. We were supposed to have a small family reunion on the Rhapsody leaving out of Galveston the day after tomorrow, but that is not to be.

My first ship was the Song og Norway. I was a freshman in college and got 2 hours of college credit for lifestyles of the Western caribbean! The Sovereign was also there doing her first cruise. You had to go outside to get to the Viking corwn lounge. Since then I have been on the Majesty 13 times, Sovereign x1, Vision, and Explorer and Navigator. My favorites are still the Majesty and Navigator. Sailing my 20th cruise in Jan on the Brillance.

Lexi

My wife and I have been on the Rhapsody of the Sea twice, and it is still our favorite of the ships we have been on. We have only used two other lines. We were supposed to have a small family reunion on the Rhapsody leaving out of Galveston the day after tomorrow, but that is not to be.

You brought back good memories. Sailed Rhaposdy in her re-positioning voyage down from Alaska and sailed her in Hawaii. GREAT cruise and one of my favorite all time cruises.

Dave

I did the Majesty in her Inaugural year (1992), and my then boyfriend proposed to me! How romantic!

Then came the Monarch, and the Sovereign. We switched to Princess and did the SUN PRINCESS. Then the kids came and we did 3 Disney Magic cruises.

But now we are back with the Mariner booked for this November, and the Freedom booked for next November! And since we are booked in a jr. suite, we get the extra cruise point and will be Platinum C&A members! Woo hoo!

Song of America with my then fiancee in 1991. Always said after that cruising was the best vacation. 13 years later we sailed on the Navigator of the Seas. This past summer Explorer. Still trying to determine which ship/itinerary for 2006.

Cruising is great!

My first ship was Sovereign and she hooked me. I've also been on Voyager and have cruises booked on Rhapsody and Serenade. I'm currently trying to "test" as many RCI ships as possible as well as different categories of staterooms to see which one is the best. At least that's what I keep telling other people as I continue to book new cruises.

First cruise-Carnevil-spelled that way on purpose-Holiday-gag, gross!!!-she should have been retired years ago-not surprised they loaned her out to Katrina victims, she needed a re-vamping, now the govt. will foot the bill.

Second cruise-Carnevil Ecstasy-almost equally gross-loaned her out for Katrina too-equally not surprised, also needs a face lift.

Third time was the charm, moved to RCI in 2003 on the Rhapsody and have done 4 more since (Monarchx2, Voyager and Navigator) and I will never go back-

Next-probably the Freedom in June, but have not booked yet-

Archived