Using charge card!!!!

I'm traveling to Australia and New Zealand on my own before I get to my ship. I would prefer not to carry a lot of cash and was wondering how easy it is to charge. I have a VISA which doesn't have a service fee and would prefer that to cash. Will I have a problem charging?

Thanks

Gullcruiser Wife and I were in Australia in Feb. for ten days before getting on our cruise. We had no problem with a credit card at any of the places we went. We used it for all meals, shopping and tours that we took. You just have to tell them it will have to be signed. Paid cash for taxis and snacks.

Have been in Australia for the last week. Absolutely zero problems using a chip and Signature Visa card. Have only needed cash for a few cafes and very small purchases- about $100 AUD. Very simple.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I live in Australia and hardly ever carry cash.

If your card is also a debit card, many shops will also give you cash out when you make a purchase for that little bit if walking around money.

Some establishments to add a surcharge of around 1.5% for some cards, mainly found in restaurants and service stations (gas stations).

You can get cash using an ATM Card or going to a money store.

Easy.

I try to use my credit card for most purchases though as the exchange rate is optimal.

Keith

Ummmm what's a "money store"?

Place that has money. :)

Currency Exchange Store. :)

Keith

I don't think they give cash out here, far better to just use an ATM o go to a bank branch or even as said earlier many shops when making a purchase if it's a debit card.

Oops. I misread original posters post. Thought poster was looking to exchange money which is why I mentioned an exchange place for cash.

As to charging via a credit card that is what we do in most places and prefer to do so for convenience and for optimal exchange rates.

Keith