Beverage Package - Worth it or not?

... It seems that they updated the PDF since you posted that and it now says "Includes: Unlimited fountain soda with CocaCola® souvenir cup" next to the Royal Refreshment package.

Thanks for this. It seems they also updated the prices to include the 18% gratuity.

EDIT: Plus, they removed the value limits for wine and cocktails. What's up with that?

Edited by clarea

Thanks for this. It seems they also updated the prices to include the 18% gratuity.

EDIT: Plus, they removed the value limits for wine and cocktails. What's up with that?

This scares me. I leave Sunday on Navigator and have the Unlimited package and now I have no idea what the value limits are for wine and cocktails. I've been researching value limits and it's all over the place!

This scares me. I leave Sunday on Navigator and have the Unlimited package and now I have no idea what the value limits are for wine and cocktails. I've been researching value limits and it's all over the place!

They should have it dispayed on the ship. There will be crewmembers on the Royal Promenade selling the packages.

They still give a hint that there are some sorts of distinction, though. The Select package lists "Wines by the glass", while the Premium package says "Premium wines by the glass".

Also, in the fine print, it says, "Package does not include... super premium category beverages," whatever that may mean.

I'm wondering whether they took the prices off to make it more generically suitable for ships that don't charge the 18% gratuity on beverages, but instead have higher prices with the gratuity factored in already (such as those sailing out of the UK).

... I'm wondering whether they took the prices off to make it more generically suitable for ships that don't charge the 18% gratuity on beverages, but instead have higher prices with the gratuity factored in already (such as those sailing out of the UK).

Makes sense. However, without the limits clearly stated, and the fact that they just charge the difference (hopefully) if you get something over the limit, it's gonna spawn a load of "is it worth it" threads.

The Evian package is 12 one liter bottles. We could not drink it all.

Imagine how we felt when we ordered TWO 12-bottle packages, thinking (b/c it said it at the time) that it was half liters.

DH and I both had Replenish, but this was for DS, who drinks a ton of water.

Whoops. We did our best, though, that's for sure. I do believe some unopened liters of water came off the ship with us.

We are going on the Allure in May 2016, looking at the Premium beverage package. It will cost $399.00 per person. We have added up what we think we each may drink, and it comes pretty close to that. A far cry from our honeymoon cruise in 1986 on the Sun Viking, lol. I see the packages have increase at least twice since the beginning of the year. My question, should we buy it now and forget about it, or just wait until about 1 or 2 months before and hope a special is offered. We are celebrating our 30th Anniversary on this one so I just want everything to be easy and enjoyable, thanks in advance. :)

We are going on the Allure in May 2016, looking at the Premium beverage package. It will cost $399.00 per person. We have added up what we think we each may drink, and it comes pretty close to that. A far cry from our honeymoon cruise in 1986 on the Sun Viking, lol. I see the packages have increase at least twice since the beginning of the year. My question, should we buy it now and forget about it, or just wait until about 1 or 2 months before and hope a special is offered. We are celebrating our 30th Anniversary on this one so I just want everything to be easy and enjoyable, thanks in advance. :)

I wouldn't pay now. There is risk price goes up, but if you pay now you are giving RCI free $800 loan. I'd wait and see if BOGO pops up during wave season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on the Freedom in July, and husband had ultimate and I had replenish...on our 1st night I got strawberry daq..it was $10.80, they did not skimp on alcohol at all our entire cruise and the next day I had a horrible headache so it was my only alcohol drink on our cruise..with water pop and drinks we covered the price of our drink packages by Tuesday, Wednesday of our cruise, the cost is well worth it to us because we did not have to worry about any charges..except my 1st drink at dinner..I dont like coke but the lemonade and fanta made great selections..we each got 2 bottles of water each time we got off the ship.

If you are a big drinker the ultimate is probably best because it includes everything including the fresh squeezed juice, if not then get the replenish..besides price the only difference is the alcohol.

We did find, and some with disagree or say we bribed them, that is we tipped $1 per drink the drink servers never left our hands empty, by our 4th night we would come to dinner and our drinks were all already on the table waiting for us.

This was my biggest issue - just a simple break down of WHAT is covered... They never say "Included in the price of the cruise is...." and then the "Refreshment package will add unlimited fountain drinks" and then what the next package adds.

I appreciate all your help in this guys!!

When others cruise, what packages have you bought?

The wife and I get the premium package for each of us covers all but super premium liquors and mid level wines also includes ships brand bottled water ( not Evian) with the recent price increases the break even point is only 5/day and for us at least that's not a hard number to hit

I agree, if you are having 5 or more drinks, get the package under 5 do not, I really liked premium package and will get it on next cruise

If the drinks are mostly $12.00 plus the 18% gratuity bringing them to $14.16 wouldn't it only take 4 drinks to make it to the daily premium price charged? Or are some of the individual prices cheaper then the $12.00?