Barefoot Beach?

Vacationdreamer<><

Got it! Send response.

Folks, One or both of us will have this up on line by next week.:)

Thank you both, I appreciate the effort :) I look forward to seeing it, i'm sure it will help with planning our day at costa Maya in June.

Reading this, it seems most clubs are close to each other. Is there a better spot for snorkeling from shore? Or should we take the boat out? We will also snorkel in Roatan, not sure if this would be comparable even.

Reading this, it seems most clubs are close to each other. Is there a better spot for snorkeling from shore? Or should we take the boat out? We will also snorkel in Roatan, not sure if this would be comparable even.

IMO, the snorkeling along the malecon isn't anywhere near as good as Roatan. so taking a boat might be the better way to go if you do want to snorkel. Some cruisers have had good snorkeling experience around Blue Kay and the lighthouse area. Uvero Beach, where a lot of ship snorkeling excursions go, typically has good snorkeling. Again, nothing compared to Roatan, IMO.

Crew sweeper did you find that snorkeling from west bay beach roatan was good? Or did you have to take a snorkel boat out? It's our first time to these places. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well, it's not quite a map, but... up in the sticky for Cruise Critic Chris' Beach Club thread at the top of this forum, I've posted a listing and pictures of all the more prominent beach clubs, bars, restaurants, hotels along the malecon itself. They're in order from the lighthouse south, with cross streets noted.

I'm trying to put up some Google Earth map images with placemarkers, but having Windows 10 and google earth issues. So in the mean time head here, posts #26-#33.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1920888&page=2

And thanks to mitsuigirly for her much welcomed assistance.

Crew:)

Thanks so much for doing this Crewsweeper! It has been a huge help.

We decided to give Barefoot Beach Club a try, and we will be there next Thursday on our cruise on the Star. It puts my mind to ease, that I now know exactly what to look for!

Now that I know where it is, should we do a cab to there, or take the public transportation??

Edited by aenglish1609

Thanks so much for doing this Crewsweeper! It has been a huge help.

We decided to give Barefoot Beach Club a try, and we will be there next Thursday on our cruise on the Star. It puts my mind to ease, that I now know exactly what to look for!

Now that I know where it is, should we do a cab to there, or take the public transportation??

I'd take a taxi. Just walk out through the port parking lot and gate and catch one. If you take the tram from the port it'll stop 1-2 times before you get there. Plus you'll have to wait until they get enough people on board before they head out. Edit to add: Tell the taxi driver you want to go to Hotel Oxtankah. He/she can also drop you off at the corner of the malecon and Calle Sierra. Just turn right on the malecon.

Edited by crewsweeper

• 2 months later...

I was wondering what you thought of Barefoot Beach resort.

Did you do the all inclusive day pass? Did you get it through

shoreexursioneer.com? If so did everything work ok. We are

looking at going on Christmas 2016 when on the Norwegian Dawn.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

I've never used that particular club. That section of the beach is in the middle of the malecon. Tropicante, very popular here, is next door. But I have seen good reviews of the service.

I believe there's a thread or two on this board with reviews though. You may want to search.

• 8 months later...