Can you bring a cooler of bottled water onboard?

Fred Quimby

Yes, we routinely bring a 12 or 18 pack of water. We have simply taped a luggage tag to the pack in some cases, but now use a small nylon suitcase that folds flat to check it.

Some ports won't handle water as luggage and you have to carry on if it's not in a suitcase. We haven't run into that, but like our nylon suitcase.

The drinking water on the ship is pretty good, and safe, but it is chlorinated so if taste is important to you, go ahead and carry on some water!

Yes, we routinely bring a 12 or 18 pack of water. We have simply taped a luggage tag to the pack in some cases, but now use a small nylon suitcase that folds flat to check it.

Some ports won't handle water as luggage and you have to carry on if it's not in a suitcase. We haven't run into that, but like our nylon suitcase.

The drinking water on the ship is pretty good, and safe, but it is chlorinated so if taste is important to you, go ahead and carry on some water!

Thanks for you quick response!

I heard that out of NY the breakaway accepts coolers

Thanks for you quick response!

I heard that out of NY the breakaway accepts coolers

Not sure about coolers; I've never seen anyone bring one on a ship before and have never asked about it. We're usually flying in to the port city so bringing a cooler would be a hassle.

From the FAQ on NCL's website:

Can I bring my own water or soda onboard?

Guests are allowed to bring water and soda on board in their original sealed containers. There is no set limit to this amount. We strongly recommend that you carry on the beverages. No coolers of any kind are allowed onboard the ships.