Info on Aft facing vs Front facing Penthouse Suites

prg2101

I would like any info or pics on aft facing suites or front facing suites on the breakaway or getaway....wife and I are looking to book a cruise on this amazing ship but website only has a couple of pics.....thanks in advance

I would like any info or pics on aft facing suites or front facing suites on the breakaway or getaway....wife and I are looking to book a cruise on this amazing ship but website only has a couple of pics.....thanks in advance

For H6 Aft-Facing Penthouse W/balcony, balcony depth varies. From deepest to least deep is deck 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, then 13.

Here's a pic of deck 9...

HPIM7130.jpg

and here's a pick of deck 13...

Deck13_zps1cd558cc.jpg

Decks 9 and 12 have a support pole on the balcony because they are the largest. :)

Also, there are 2 different room configurations for the aft-facing staterooms. The "main" room is basically the same other than mirror image (port vs starboard) but the master bedroom will either have the bed by the balcony with a 2nd entrance to the balcony (aka configuration A on decks 11 and 14) or the master bathroom by the balcony with a large window view from the tub (aka configuration B on decks 9, 10, 12, and 13.

The H7 Forward-Facing W/balcony are basically the same except for the ones directly under the bridge (deck 13). These have a "cove" balcony (mostly enclosed). I believe that these are HC rooms as well and are configured differently inside.

There's a great resource here...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

...that gives a ton of info on BA/GA with pictures and videos.

The aft facing suite balconies are protected against the wind when the ship is out at sea, on the front facing suite balconies there might be a strong wind while the ship is sailing. But nothing beats the view from a front facing balcony when sailing in and out of the various ports - and at that time the ship has slowed down the speed so the wind is usually no problem.

Edited by TrumpyNor

I recently was in forward facing H7 on BA deck 11. It is a suite - separate large bedroom, with a huge porthole overlooking the bow. It has a large bathroom - 2 sinks, large soaking tub, huge shower with area to sit. There is a separate living room/ dining area with table for 4. The balcony is on the side of ship - 2 chairs, table. For those who want super large balconies, it is not for you. It was maybe 32 - 40 sq ft. & It was not enclosed only decks directly under bridge as the balcony is part of hull