Explorer of the Seas Cruise Compass, Meuns & Photos 9 August 2015

Funny, I didn't notice broken or falling fixtures at all. Our room was in perfect condition and I found all the areas clean and in good repair.

All areas are generally clean until the guests messed it up with half eaten food in the elevators. The upkeeping of the ship again is generally good although I couldn't help noticing a broken handrail outside the dining room by the elevators. On deck 11 on the outside deck towards the peek-a-boo bridge, a glass panel has half dropped off from the recess. And the ceiling panels on the forward staircase had some rivets popped out with some loose trim.

If you pop your head to the outside of the ship, you can see missing rivets and loose trims with areas of corrosion. I will put this down to the ship being 15 years old. We were docked next to the Costa Fascinosa in Palma and I noticed how pristine the Costa looked on the outside but with the Explorer, she has chipped paint on the hull and corrosion stains on the surface.

None of these affected the cruise but it was just general observations.

All areas are generally clean until the guests messed it up with half eaten food in the elevators. The upkeeping of the ship again is generally good although I couldn't help noticing a broken handrail outside the dining room by the elevators. On deck 11 on the outside deck towards the peek-a-boo bridge, a glass panel has half dropped off from the recess. And the ceiling panels on the forward staircase had some rivets popped out with some loose trim.

If you pop your head to the outside of the ship, you can see missing rivets and loose trims with areas of corrosion. I will put this down to the ship being 15 years old. We were docked next to the Costa Fascinosa in Palma and I noticed how pristine the Costa looked on the outside but with the Explorer, she has chipped paint on the hull and corrosion stains on the surface.

None of these affected the cruise but it was just general observations.

Oh, ok. Not something I saw, particularly as those are areas I can't say I was being observant in.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise.

Something I will mentioned about 'My Time Dining' for those who are on it. I'm on the early dinner seating on deck 3 and every night at around 7.45pm having finished my dinner and travelling on the aft elevators going up the decks. Everytime going past deck 5, I can see the long line for the MDR going out to the elevators. It looked like a long wait to me at that time.

Something I will mentioned about 'My Time Dining' for those who are on it. I'm on the early dinner seating on deck 3 and every night at around 7.45pm having finished my dinner and travelling on the aft elevators going up the decks. Everytime going past deck 5, I can see the long line for the MDR going out to the elevators. It looked like a long wait to me at that time.

I would agree this looked like a problem on our cruise too (the one before yours). We did MTD booked at 6.30/6.45pm and were always seated straight away but when we were leaving (usually around 8pm) the queues were out beyond photographers area. Strange because on previous cruises we have also done MTD at 6.30 and on leaving restaurant would be little queue if any.

Possibly due to fact that they have added extra staterooms and obviously having to fit more people into each floor of MDR.

Coca-Cola Souvenir Cup

IMG_6289_zpsopcslaxq.jpg

Freestyle Coke Machines in Windjammer Cafe

IMG_6291_zps3ukxwvrt.jpg

There are 7 freestyle coke machines I know of on the ship. Two are located in the Royal Promenade next to the Café Promenade. Four in the Windjammer Café (two on each side). And the final one is in Optix on deck 12. Most flavours and ice frequently run out during the cruise so it can be annoying. The starboard side machines in the Windjammer appear to be less frequently used than the port side.

I would agree this looked like a problem on our cruise too (the one before yours). We did MTD booked at 6.30/6.45pm and were always seated straight away but when we were leaving (usually around 8pm) the queues were out beyond photographers area. Strange because on previous cruises we have also done MTD at 6.30 and on leaving restaurant would be little queue if any.

Possibly due to fact that they have added extra staterooms and obviously having to fit more people into each floor of MDR.

Sounds like the wait issue is dependent on the time. So heads up to anyone with MTD.

Apologies to those that think some of the photos look very trivial. The reason for the bottle of water, for example, is that I have read previous questions on what brand of water you get with a drinks package.

Don't be daft. Every detail gladly received.

I notice they mention possible unavailability of escargot (worldwide shortage) on the menu - did you, or anyone else, notice difficulty getting them?