Home from my first HAL Cruise

margaretlb

Yes, they do. The pill pushers will fill a basket and place it at the Front Desk. You can also get fistfuls of the packets in the Infirmary.

Never found this over-flowing basket of Bonine myself. All I got were two little two-pill packets handed out from behind the front desk by the reception staff.

So I would not count on the front desk to be a ready dispensary, though I never went to the infirmary. My guess is they probably have the crew on a 24/7 dose because they have to be ready to work, even when we have temporarily taking to our fainting couches.

So glad you posted your review. My dd and I will be on the same ship and itinerary next year and she is the same age as your dd. I've been to Alaska before with dh and enjoyed it. Looking forward to the Westerdam and Alaska with my daughter next year. Happy your dd enjoyed the cruise with you!

Never found this over-flowing basket of Bonine myself. All I got were two little two-pill packets handed out from behind the front desk by the reception staff.

So I would not count on the front desk to be a ready dispensary, though I never went to the infirmary. My guess is they probably have the crew on a 24/7 dose because they have to be ready to work, even when we have temporarily taking to our fainting couches.

We had rough seas one night on our Alaskan cruise and the infirmary had a basket of seasick medicine packets outside their office. You could help yourself to as many as you needed plus our room steward brought me a green apple and a bottle of water. I don't remember his name, but he was the best we have ever had on a ship.

For our "rough sea" crossing from Glacier Bay to Sitka, the Captain announced the upcoming situation early and DD and I proceeded directly to the Front Desk who were already giving our the packets of myclezene (sp). I returned to pick up more at about 11pm and my DD stopped by again the following afternoon. We actually came home with some packets since they were handing them out two-three at a time.

kalliekae - you and DD will have a great time, I'm sure. My daughter is my best travel mate (much easier to travel with then my dear hubby:)). We're thinking Greek Islands.....