What do you want to know about Amber Cove?

Just curious if anyone has done the Monkey Jungle & Zip Line Adventures in Sosua while in port, or is this even possible to do from Amber Cove? How did you get there?

I contacted Monkey Jungle through their website directly. I was answered I believe by the owner, he stated that MJ is about 29 miles east of Amber Cove and that we could take a taxi there. He advised to print out a copy of the map from their website just in case the driver was unaware of their location.

I'm conflicted about whether or not to do this on my own, without it going through Carnival directly. I wonder about safety and timing-sure want to stay safe and definitely don't want to be a pier runner! Also I am unsure of how much taxis cost.

On the other hand it really looks like a lot of fun, both the zip lining and the monkeys. Most important, however, is the fact that the profits from this excursion are going to a very worthy cause. For those that don't know, MJ was founded by a dentist from TN. He runs a clinic for the people of the Dominican offering free medical, prescription, and dental services.

Reviews on Trip Advisor are excellent and in reading those reviews I found out, via a response from the owner to a negative review, that the animals there are well cared for. I was very impressed with his response.

The other option I was considering was a dolphin encounter at Ocean World, it's sort of a bucket list thing. But I've read about the timeshare hounding and that's a big negative for me. Still trying to decide and I'm sailing on the Sunshine on 1/24 so guess I need to decide soon:cool:

• 4 months later...