What do you want to know about Amber Cove?

Is Amber Cove more like beach oriented Half Moon Cay or just a shopping port like Falmouth where you either shop or use it as a starting point for the tours?

Will there be any transportation for folks that can't get around easily? DH moves slowly and not too far. Labadee is one of our favorite "private islands" because of the free tram system that runs continuously all around the facility.

Great questions, everyone, keep 'em coming. Will take lots of photos, promise. Lido Deck Larry, you made me laugh so hard coffee came through my nose :)

Carolyn

LOL.. sorry about the coffee [emoji103] [emoji477] [emoji779]

Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Wheelchair accessibility - including ramps, curbs, entrances and exits from shops and restaurants and washrooms (are there wheelchair stalls - are there companion stalls). My mom is a full time wheelchair user and it's tough to find this information out for a lot of ports.

Wrote to Tracy (SocialZealot), haven't heard back, but seems that the DR's craggy mountains outwitted Tropical Storm Erika so hopeful.

With no storm no longer, looks like the trip's still on for us on Monday - Wednesday. Glad about that, too!

Carolyn

I would like to know how much English is spoken there. How prepared are the employees at the dock to understand and direct folk when they arrive? And how you feel about the safety of the area if folk want to wander off on their own. Also if there will be rental car facilities?

I too would love a waterfall tour, and I wanted to know about the beaches. It seems that the excursions posted for the beaches are quite far from port, would it be feasible to build a beach closer to the port? Like at the port area like Mahogany Bay?

Have a great and safe trip.

I have a home in POP there is Cofresi & Costambar within 5KM of pier I have gone to cofresi the closer beach with my dominican GF and her kids I paid 100 or 200 pesos for a lounge chair.

Hi Social Zealot! How far away is Eze Bar from Amber Cove? I looked up pics and it looks like a fun place to hang out. Is there a charge for chairs or just a minimum purchase from the bar/restaurant? Is there a specialty of the kitchen? Thanks for your help in advance!

It's between 75 to 90 minutes each way depending on traffic the last 35 minutes to caberete is a busy winding road with 1 lane each way

Amber cove in December on the Valor. Will you be able to walk off the pier and enjoy shopping with pool amenities? Is this free for cruise guests or will they charge for chairs? What about kids? Will there be something for them? I am really looking forward to this new port. Much better than stopping in Nassau or Freeport!! Thanks!!

Hi, just back from a crazy day exploring Amber Cove, and my gosh, it's going to be beautiful. It has the most gorgeous setting I've seen on a private port sort of destination. Amber Cove is set into a bay and it's ringed with mountains and hills. Really pretty.

So much to share with you and will do so later, but did want to answer Betsy Doll's question in the two minutes I have before dinner. Yes, you can walk right off the pier and there's restaurants, bars, shops, a marvelous pool with a sort of lazy river feature, a zipline, and a huge water slide. There's also a darling waterpark for the young 'uns.

No charge for chairs or pool use. There isn't a list of retailers yet but we're told there'll be a mix of locals, unique shops, and chains (Diamonds International will be here for sure).

Will share photos and other sneak bits with you hopefully tonight, if not then then tomorrow morning.

Carolyn

Amber cove in December on the Valor. Will you be able to walk off the pier and enjoy shopping with pool amenities? Is this free for cruise guests or will they charge for chairs? What about kids? Will there be something for them? I am really looking forward to this new port. Much better than stopping in Nassau or Freeport!! Thanks!!

Hi, Lizardhowson. Everyone here is committed to Victory's October 6 debut -- and clearly folks are working overtime to make that happen. Most of the structures are fairly done, and the easiest stuff - moving in merchandise, supplying restaurants, filling the pools -- is the kind of down-to-the-wire task you typically see completed right at the end.

Carolyn

Since the project and regional improvements are running behind schedule (the road from the port into Puerto Plata as an example), how about some updated info on when Amber Cove will actually begin accepting ships.

Gosh, no idea Eze was so far away! We'll see if it's worth it :)

Carolyn

Hi, just back from a crazy day exploring Amber Cove, and my gosh, it's going to be beautiful. It has the most gorgeous setting I've seen on a private port sort of destination. Amber Cove is set into a bay and it's ringed with mountains and hills. Really pretty.

So much to share with you and will do so later, but did want to answer Betsy Doll's question in the two minutes I have before dinner. Yes, you can walk right off the pier and there's restaurants, bars, shops, a marvelous pool with a sort of lazy river feature, a zipline, and a huge water slide. There's also a darling waterpark for the young 'uns.

No charge for chairs or pool use. There isn't a list of retailers yet but we're told there'll be a mix of locals, unique shops, and chains (Diamonds International will be here for sure).

Will share photos and other sneak bits with you hopefully tonight, if not then then tomorrow morning.

Carolyn

Have they finished widening the highway?