Electric outlets - Diamond Princess

LisaAtlCruiser

I am getting ready to head out on a cruise on Diamond Princess and was wondering if the outlets are suitable for a US plug or if I need to bring an adapter. From old threads it appears that at least some point in time the outlets were US - but with the retrofit I was wondering if they changed them.

• 1 month later...

I got off the Diamond 2 weeks ago and during our 2 week cruise they actually had guys going around install MULTI points, so any plug will fit. The other points are all US ones but now you'll have a nice fancy travel version too at 220V.

Rock

Just off Diamond and yes, our room had a "universal" power outlet. It is marked as 220V only ... so don't go plugging any US 110V stuff into it. The outlet can accept most plugs including UK and Australian types.

There are still normal US type 110V outlets in the room in addition to the universal one ... so everyone should be catered for :)

Edited by AndrewK
additional info

Just off Diamond and yes, our room had a "universal" power outlet. It is marked as 220V only ... so don't go plugging any US 110V stuff into it. The outlet can accept most plugs including UK and Australian types.

There are still normal US type 110V outlets in the room in addition to the universal one ... so everyone should be catered for :)

I can't get an Aussie plug into the 220v universal.

There are also 2 US points 110v.

I can't get an Aussie plug into the 220v universal.

There are also 2 US points 110v.

I managed to - with a bit of wiggling and a bit of force. It doesn't look or feel like it should but it does work. I still used our US adapter in it with 1 plug and 2 USB slots because the other one was hindered a bit by the light switches.

Edit to add: they are still in the process of installing these outlets so don't bank on having one already in your room. Our room's was installed while we were onboard and apparently the full rollout will take some months.

Edited by RayWitt001

The only time I had trouble with adaptor and plugs I talked to my room steward who organised one for me. Fee charged to my account and taken off account when I returned it on last day of cruise. Check as soon as you get into your cabin and see room steward if necessary, they are sometimes in short supply. Adapters not room stewards. LOL

• 4 weeks later...