Stone Island book thru Carnival

Rikiw111

I am interested in the Stone Island Tour. I see many people don't book through the cruises and do it on their own. I would like to book through Canival because this is my first cruise and I want to go by the book. Now the details for this excursion seem limited. I would like to know from people who have booked this excursion through Carnival. What was included? Was there on open bar on the beach? What restaraunt did you eat at? Any other info. you can think of would be welcome.

Riki

listen, try the horse back riding with randis happy horses

see the pics here

http://community.webshots.com/photo/278774202/278794924ndeIiq

okay so it is not cruise ship approved but believe you will have fun..

go here for testimonials

http://www.randishappyhorses.com/

remember cruising is like dreaming except you are awake!!!

I am interested in the Stone Island Tour. I see many people don't book through the cruises and do it on their own. I would like to book through Canival because this is my first cruise and I want to go by the book. Now the details for this excursion seem limited. I would like to know from people who have booked this excursion through Carnival. What was included? Was there on open bar on the beach? What restaraunt did you eat at? Any other info. you can think of would be welcome.

Riki

A good choice for the Stone Island Tour will be with the company with King David they have a good price and a good service, by the way the restaurant that the cruise ship people use is the same that that King David owns. Therefore I think that the service is better with King David.

Have fun, from Marceliuxof theseas.

You are right, it costs $38 for the Kings tour and $75 for the one thru Canival. Okay so if I book with King David, I understand that they pick you up at the dock and then you return about 5.5 hours later. Can you go back to the ship earlier than that if you want to? Would I just have to pay a water taxi?

Thanks...riki

Stone Island is one of my favorite destinations and the easiest place to get to on your own. Once on the island you can rent banana boats, wave runners, or just plop down at one of the many restaurants, use their boogy boards and enjoy the water. It was an easy walk - out the cruise terminal, take first left, walk couple blocks to the sign for the ferry, pay $1 for a round trip ticket. Ferries go constantly back and forth for the residents and tourists until at least 6pm. My 81-year-old parents were easily able to walk the distance, but could hire a cab at the terminal to take you there if desired. We've been twice now and always go back to "Lettys" - great shrimp; love the owners, free boogy boards, wonderful home made tortillas... I could easily spend a week there.

I agree with the posters who "do it on their own"...........it's easy to get there on your own, even for a first timer! You'll save tons of $$$. When we visited, a few years ago, Carnival was charging $70 for the excursion. They did get there by catamaran and lunch was included, but, like the others said, for $1 you can take a local fishing boat over (for the 4 of us, we just gave them a five dollar bill). Then, for a couple of bucks, you can take a local "taxi", more like a tractor, to the beach or simply walk. There are open air restaurants on the beach and you can use their chairs all day if you order food/drinks from them. My husband and kids took a banana boat ride ($10 for 3 people) and we saw people riding horses. There were a few pushy vendors but we just told them we weren't interested. Go on your own and you won't have to worry about anyone's schedule but your own.;)

Archived