Cauai... Helicopter or possible Cesna tour...

Zoodles95

Hi All,

On our first day in Kauai we are doing a Luau and a land tour of other things. On the second day we are considering a tour of the island. The second day we are considering an aerial tour. I have never been in a helicopter so this would be an amazing thing to do. However, the costs are quite expensive and the Cesna is about half the price.

Has anyone done the tour with the Cesna (tour company is Wings Over Kauai)? The cost savings are significant and the savings could be spent on other tours/excursions.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Edited by Zoodles95

Hi All,

On our first day in Kauai we are doing a Luau and a land tour of other things. On the second day we are considering a tour of the island. The second day we are considering an aerial tour. I have never been in a helicopter so this would be an amazing thing to do. However, the costs are quite expensive and the Cesna is about half the price.

Has anyone done the tour with the Cesna (tour company is Wings Over Kauai)? The cost savings are significant and the savings could be spent on other tours/excursions.

I have done a helicopter tour of Kauai. It is without a doubt the most thrilling thing I have ever done, hands down. What you will see is unbelievably beautiful and moving. It was worth every cent I paid for it. As far as price comparison to a plane ride, I like to quote the old adage, "You get what you pay for". My advise, if you want to save money, do it elsewhere. Don't cheat yourself out of this experience.

One of the helicopter tour websites has this posted, and it helps to clarify why helicopters are superior for Kauai:

"Why should I book a helicopter tour instead of an airplane?

Airplanes are restricted to fly no lower than 1,000 to 1,500 ft and they have wider standoff distances than helicopters which can fly as low as 500 ft. Only a helicopter can take you into Mt Waialeale Crater or up close to waterfalls....."

Hi All,

I flew with Wings Over Kauai last year when we were in port on Kauai... GREAT TRIP. I booked the 2nd flight of the morning (better lighting & fewer shadows in my photos) and they had me back to the ship in plenty of time before the ship sailed. Tip for getting your best photos... wear darker colors to minimize reflections.

I can't comment about a plane, but like others, I can vouch that on a good day the helicopter tour, while expensive, are spectacular views. Sadly whether it is worth it becomes a personal decision. Did it once, wouldn't do it again, while in Alaska have done it each time I've gone.