Hilton Caribe vs. Hilton Condado

vuildog

I have been to both. They are across a lagoon bridge from each other. I think that the Caribe Hilton is nicer inside. I prefer the Condado Hilton due to easier access to Condado area restaurants and retail stores. The beach area at Condado Hilton is very small. The outdoor area at the Caribe is much larger. The Caribe property in general is much larger. It all depends on what you are looking for. Look at reviews and photos on TripAdvisor.com to get a better feel for both.

• 1 month later...

Our cruise departs in the evening and we arrive the afternoon the day before. I was able to use a certificate for a free night at either. We chose the lagoon villa at the Caribe.

The rational was we were probably going to hang out at the pool/beach on the morning of the cruise and head over to the port around 1pm. Looks like the beach area is nicer at the Caribe. We also plan to head to OSJ the evening before and grab a meal there versus the condado area.

We are going at the end of January, so I have a bit of time. I do need to cancel one of the reservations, though. Price wise, they are similar.

I sort of hoped to do early morning paddle board lesson which is in the Condado lagoon right by the Condado Hilton - initially why I chose this hotel.

The two are not far apart, but others have said I cannot walk between them due to bridge construction. I don't see us taking a taxi to paddle board. And then, I wonder, would we even do it? Ugh, so torn!!!

Caribe definitely has a nicer beach and areas to explore, We have reservations for dinner at Fogo, which is closer to Caribe.

Off to work, and still undecided...:(

I decided (finally) on Caribe Hilton because the beach and pool look a lot bigger/nicer. We are having dinner at Fogo, so that's closer to Caribe, and the Paddleboard tour I reserved does local pick up, so I don't have to walk, which was the reason I was leaning towards Condado's lagoon location.

I really think either would be fine. We arrive at 1 and the rooms aren't ready until 4, so we can hang out at the pool and try a famous pina colada while we wait.

I have also stayed at Marriott Stellaris and Sheraton Old Town (OSJ) and all were great.