Beer Tasting

terrysko2000

There isn't beer tasting, unfortunately, but Princess now serves their own Seawitch craft beer. There is an IPA, a blonde ale and a red ale. My husband was quite pleased with them, as they are far better than the usual Bud and Heineken offerings. But what we discovered last week on the Ruby was Newcastle Brown Ale on draught at one of the pool bars. We talked to the bartender about it and it was a big seller. My husband noticed that each time he ordered it, the person ahead of him was getting it as well.

There was a vodka tasting on our cruise, and we hear the Hawaii cruises have rum tastings.

Look forward to trying the new beer. I have also heard of a tequila tasting on the Mexican itinerary. Just little communion type cups. At the beer tasting on Norwegian we got a 16 oz Miller lite followed by 5 or 6 5oz glasses of different beers from around the world. Some were light some dark - it was a fun event. They all tasted good at the end :)

I too have a beer tasting appetite and usually it take at least 2 beers to get the true taste. Three or more really give me an experience.

Sorry, but I just had to have some fun! I actually would like to see Princess have a Beer Tasting particularly with beers from the upcoming areas of their cruises! This would give the passengers a chance to experience the local beers to better enjoy their cruise!

Again, sorry but the "devil made me do it"!

Just Mike

I too have a beer tasting appetite and usually it take at least 2 beers to get the true taste. Three or more really give me an experience.

Sorry, but I just had to have some fun! I actually would like to see Princess have a Beer Tasting particularly with beers from the upcoming areas of their cruises! This would give the passengers a chance to experience the local beers to better enjoy their cruise!

Again, sorry but the "devil made me do it"!

Just Mike

Oh you devil! We really enjoy trying different beers so we had a blast. It was a fun social event that we could enjoy beer at! We like to try the beers in the different ports so it would be fun!

Looks like if you take a cruise in Sept. or Oct., you might get to try a beer tasting on Princess:

OKTOBERFEST (SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER)

Fleetwide

Pull on your lederhosen and grab a stein of beer. It's time for Oktoberfest with Princess Cruises! More than 6 million people celebrate this 16-day annual fair in Munich, Germany each year, commemorating the 1810 royal wedding of King Ludwig I to Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. On our Oktoberfest cruise vacations, polka music fills the air, leg-slapping dancers perform in Bavarian garb, squeezebox classes are a gas for all involved and the "kinder" can try their hand at pretzel making.

Featured Oktoberfest Activities:

Cultural trivia

Traditional dance & language classes

Beer tasting

We'll be on the Emerald next month, so we shall see.:)

Looks like if you take a cruise in Sept. or Oct., you might get to try a beer tasting on Princess:

Fleetwide

Pull on your lederhosen and grab a stein of beer. It's time for Oktoberfest with Princess Cruises! More than 6 million people celebrate this 16-day annual fair in Munich, Germany each year, commemorating the 1810 royal wedding of King Ludwig I to Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. On our Oktoberfest cruise vacations, polka music fills the air, leg-slapping dancers perform in Bavarian garb, squeezebox classes are a gas for all involved and the "kinder" can try their hand at pretzel making.

Cultural trivia

Beer tasting

We'll be on the Emerald next month, so we shall see.:)

OH WELL! We won't be on a Princess Cruise until January. Guess the Beer Tasting will be long over by then. :( We just did a nice beer testing at a local horse racetrack here in NJ last weekend. 10, two ounce samples for $10 with a souvenir glass. Sure wish Princess had something like that even if it was a few more $$$.

OH WELL! We won't be on a Princess Cruise until January. Guess the Beer Tasting will be long over by then. :( We just did a nice beer testing at a local horse racetrack here in NJ last weekend. 10, two ounce samples for $10 with a souvenir glass. Sure wish Princess had something like that even if it was a few more $$$.

That sounds like fun! There's always hope. Princess is supposed to be turning some of the Wheelhouse Bars into pubs at night. They better start stocking up on the beer. ;)

Fleetwide

Cultural trivia

Beer tasting

I hadn't seen this. We board on the 21st (SOON!!!) and will see if this shows up in the Patter. Given the dearth of good beer on Princess I will reserve judgement as to whether or not it will be worthwhile until I see what is offered and what the price is.

My wife and I enjoy trying out the local brew pubs wherever we go and we have found some great beers and pubs as well as at least one that was a horrible disappointment. We will have to see what Princess offers.

We have attended tequila tastings and also vodka tastings onboard. My son actually purchased several bottles of unusual vodka when he went with us on an Alaskan cruise. Who would have thought that there would be Smoked Salmon flavored vodka? It actually made a pretty decent Bloody Mary but I preferred the other flavors (which would make a horrible Bloody Mary!).

I hadn't seen this. We board on the 21st (SOON!!!) and will see if this shows up in the Patter. Given the dearth of good beer on Princess I will reserve judgement as to whether or not it will be worthwhile until I see what is offered and what the price is.

My wife and I enjoy trying out the local brew pubs wherever we go and we have found some great beers and pubs as well as at least one that was a horrible disappointment. We will have to see what Princess offers.

Yes, if you get a chance, please come back and post "live" from the Coral. I would love to know what Princess is offering for the beer tastings.

If you like local breweries, you should try Cool Beerwerks, in Cool, California. It's about an hour north of Sacramento. They make a chocolate coconut porter that is just to die for.:cool: