Which one to believe? Cunard website or Voyage Planner?

SylviaB

I'm booked on roundtrip TA. The return leg of the journey is one of the Blue Note Jazz at Sea cruises and the Cunard website states that these cruises only have 1 formal night.

www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-types/music-cruises/blue-note-full-details/

When I booked, my agent told me there would 7 formal nights: 3 on the first part, 4 on the second. My voyage planner confirms this.

On the roll call opinions seem to be divided over which one is correct. Phone calls have been made to Cunard asking to clarify, but the answers vary: 2 confirming that there will be 4 formal nights, 1 confirming the exception for this voyage.

Which one should I believe?

Just to clarify SylviaB's question, the issue is whether voyage M526 (Blue Note Jazz at Sea) will have this dress code as shown in the Voyage Personaliser

• Four formal and three informal nights

or this considerably different dress code as listed in the cruise details on cunard.com

• One formal night with smart casual dress for all other evenings (jackets required, denim pants permitted but cannot be torn or have holes in them)

I can't answer the question and we may have to wait until we board to find out which dress code schedule is correct as Host Hattie has indicated. But I just wanted to clarify that this is not simply a matter of one or two evenings possibly being shifted between "Formal" and "Informal". It's the possibility that six evenings are being shifted to "Smart Casual" with jeans allowed.

Regards,

John.

Edited by bluemarble

On a crossing there are 3 formals each way.

If you are on an extended round trip, then there might well be an extra one, but you will definitely have 6 minimum.

On all other cruises, there are only two per week.

Stewart

Actually, according to the information now, over the 2 weeks, we will either experience 4 formal or 7 formal nights.

It is not an extended round trip, it's plainly Southampton - New York -Southampton.

From previous experience, what your documents state and what happens on board can vary. I have had this happen several times. I have seen in advertising for the "Blue Note cruise" that blue jeans may be worn in the evening. Blue jeans to me are not acceptable after 6 pm.

From previous experience, what your documents state and what happens on board can vary. I have had this happen several times. I have seen in advertising for the "Blue Note cruise" that blue jeans may be worn in the evening. Blue jeans to me are not acceptable after 6 pm.

There have been Cunard cruises where blue jeans were/will be allowed in the evening. I'm thinking in particular of the "Stars at Sea" cruises on QM2 from Hamburg featuring German rock star Peter Maffay. So there is a precedent at least.

Regards,

John.

Here is the link to the sales promotion that Cunard has been send out for months.

Natalie Cole & Blue Note Jazz At Sea.

"One formal night with smart casual dress for all other evenings (jackets required, denim pants permitted but cannot be torn or have holes in them)"

Bob

Yes, Bob, I noticed that webpage, I linked to it in my original post. But it does not correspond with the Voyage Personaliser. And I am trying to ascertain which one is correct. My phone call to Cunard this afternoon said that the VP is correct and not the website with the Blue Note Jazz information.

Just to clarify here's a screen grab of the VP.

WTq90SWg98wn96vK241ea4pISJD_V4w63GXvSfJ9F0XBLDRUdu_AI-ng5JEtPCsKRgPBJft0MzBqwqfQc7jxeFhGd6yFsGenOcv2rnwL9ZNh2bJpZFMULPebLstkgm6CpFvdDwXEJNvR0zRleYjSt8aJaLb38DO2C6qv9pmmTUcxNxw7JiV-gJyVVlTlhHomT7Bv32nL6usTFdlTu0QiNs-DmwB-ioD5r1_4bwxhrJoKjnOWMb_Q3H32k9OU1HASXil-dv9-ioBe2K_wgqSc-fYhQA06kyX8vW3D8XpsHp2o9i-Kx26WxDF7YN_WlbU8fXghMx6JeOFco7vAK9Za_ZtC6rS-QKf_77Z-cuarVLwgthlf1as0seG6sae_gTi3eU6hny1pmw9qimA4njMaZwd9v6jsVCGLvkqol7WmyQ30PyMpzwfpyDaKbxQYF4Hqhq0Tu76n0hk_saL6pUE-hxTvIyxttuD3E57Pf7pwPl1SR0fG7nlZRchjIBKyVlO767uSCt-tPd6GHkTEiu0O1Q=w535-h923-no

Edited by SylviaB

Yes, Bob, I noticed that webpage, I linked to it in my original post. But it does not correspond with the Voyage Personaliser. And I am trying to ascertain which one is correct.

Just to clarify here's a screen grab of the VP.

WTq90SWg98wn96vK241ea4pISJD_V4w63GXvSfJ9F0XBLDRUdu_AI-ng5JEtPCsKRgPBJft0MzBqwqfQc7jxeFhGd6yFsGenOcv2rnwL9ZNh2bJpZFMULPebLstkgm6CpFvdDwXEJNvR0zRleYjSt8aJaLb38DO2C6qv9pmmTUcxNxw7JiV-gJyVVlTlhHomT7Bv32nL6usTFdlTu0QiNs-DmwB-ioD5r1_4bwxhrJoKjnOWMb_Q3H32k9OU1HASXil-dv9-ioBe2K_wgqSc-fYhQA06kyX8vW3D8XpsHp2o9i-Kx26WxDF7YN_WlbU8fXghMx6JeOFco7vAK9Za_ZtC6rS-QKf_77Z-cuarVLwgthlf1as0seG6sae_gTi3eU6hny1pmw9qimA4njMaZwd9v6jsVCGLvkqol7WmyQ30PyMpzwfpyDaKbxQYF4Hqhq0Tu76n0hk_saL6pUE-hxTvIyxttuD3E57Pf7pwPl1SR0fG7nlZRchjIBKyVlO767uSCt-tPd6GHkTEiu0O1Q=w535-h923-no

Unfortunately, the VP is not always up to date. For over a month, our VP for a 2016 WC segment was showing the QM2 as being in two different ports (over a hundred miles apart) on the same day. Eventually, it was corrected.

Bob

Unfortunately, the VP is not always up to date. For over a month, our VP for a 2016 WC segment was showing the QM2 as being in two different ports (over a hundred miles apart) on the same day. Eventually, it was corrected.

Bob

Which is why I called Cunard and asked for the most up to date information regarding the formal nights. Person helping me went to double check with a supervisor and confirmed that there would be 4 formal nights, not 1 as said on the Blue Note Jazz website.

I'm not on this sailing but would sure want to know if there was only one formal night on a TA. That's not the evening atmosphere I want and would therefore definitely not book any sailing labeled "Stars at Sea" or "Blue Note Jazz" if this is the "dress code"! :mad:

One thing I find interesting after checking Cunard's UK web site is that the UK web site seems to be making it hard to discover what we are readily seeing in the U.S. about the possible dress code changes for the "Blue Note Jazz at Sea" voyage.

There is a link to "Natalie Cole to star on Blue Note Jazz cruise" on the home page of the UK web site. But that displays a different page from what is found on the U.S. web site by following the link on its home page to "Natalie Cole & Blue Note Jazz at Sea". The page on the UK web site makes no mention of the dress code while the page on the U.S. web site does (as has been quoted on this thread).

The booking process for voyage M526 on the U.S. web site also contains a note about the modified dress code on page 4 of 7 during the booking process. I can find no such note in the UK booking process for voyage M526.

The plot thickens.

Regards,

John.