temperature onboard

Soonaddsup

We are cruising eastern med on Reflection on 11th September, so I am currently organising my packing.

I am assuming it will be hot (hopefully also dry and sunny unlike UK!)

But.....does it get cold on the ship?

Is aircon chilly? Is it cold on deck due to sea breezes?

Just wondering how many sweaters/cardigans to bring.

thanks for your help

No one can tell you what your cool-ness and hot-ness levels will be. I am ALWAYS cold, both on ships and on planes, so I always pack a lot of sweaters and jackets. My husband is never cold on ships and planes. What is your tendency.....to be over warm or over chilled? Pack accordingly.

Ships are kept at a steady temp no matter which itinerary. Now some find certain areas of the ship cooler than others. ( Or coming in from the pool in the Carib can feel chilly. ) DH most days needs a long sleeve something on in the dining room and theatre, no matter where we are in the world. I always carry a shawl or jacket in the evenings. Some days I need it. if you plan on going on the deck in the evenings, then yes you will probably need something.

I don't every pack many of anything. I repeat outfits and mix and match. No one will come up to you and tell you they remember you wore that black sweater the night before;)

Thank you for your quick replies.

I am of a 'certain age' so sometimes get hot very quickly!

I suppose I was wondering if I would be wasting space bringing warm cover-ups with me. It sounds like I will need a couple to deal with cooler evenings.

I always try to pack as little as possible but even that seems like quite a lot to cover every eventuality......gym shoes, walking shoes, pool shoes, evening shoes......the list is endless :eek:

Thank you for your quick replies.

I am of a 'certain age' so sometimes get hot very quickly!

I suppose I was wondering if I would be wasting space bringing warm cover-ups with me. It sounds like I will need a couple to deal with cooler evenings.

I always try to pack as little as possible but even that seems like quite a lot to cover every eventuality......gym shoes, walking shoes, pool shoes, evening shoes......the list is endless :eek:

One just to "carry around" with you in case you need it should be adequate. :)

LuLu

We have been on an awful lot of ships over a lot of years and temperature is a common topic among many cruisers. Its usually too cold, too hot, seldom perfect, and the temps can vary greatly in different parts of the ship. DW always takes 1 or 2 cover-ups on our cruises to have if needed. Like the Boy Scouts say, "Be Prepared"

We were on the Eclipse in July and the weather was very mixed. You needed a wrap outside in the evenings and a cardigan during the day on the cooler days. I seldom needed anything warm inside and I tend to feel the cold.

Edited by Little Nell