Booking dining reservations

coondogg97

My wife and I have cruised NCL a number of times. I remember when we first started cruising it was pretty difficult to get into the specialty restaurants, especially the Italian restaurant's. The last few cruises we have just "winged it" and went to wherever there was availability. It seem's like over the years NCL has gotten better at managing the restaurants and there seems to be more availability now. With that being said we are going to be cruising with our family for the first time. There will be a total of 12 of us and I assume with a group that size we won't be able to "wing it" when it comes to reservations. Is this something we should do before we board? We are staying in the Haven so if worse comes to worse would we all be able to eat in the Haven together and order from a specialty restaurant?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I would definitely book prior to getting on the ship. With the UDP, the specialty restaurants are not easy to get into, and with a group that size, your hands will be tied. On our Pearl cruise last month, I tried to rearrange my reservations once on board via the concierge and wasn't able to make the changes I wanted (my preferred times weren't available)...and this was a party of four. Best to plan ahead, I think.

Very confused we are a party of 3 and received $50pp dining credit for the first 2 guests in our cabin. Was originally told we had to wait to make reservations till we were on board. We are sailing in a week and I decided to try to make reservations for the free dining. Well the specialty dining showed up as $0. So I went ahead and made reservations. No payment or credit card was required???? Whats up with that. I always thought you had to pay in advance? Also some of the restuarants free and specialty didn't have an option for a table of 3:confused:Anyone run into these situations?

It shows as 0$ on your myncl if you have free dining or some form of package (say you paid for a 4 night dining package - once you book the 4th then it will start showing a price when you go to book for the 5th6th etc)

Dont know why its not showing you a 3 though.. It usually knows from your account - perhaps it knows there are no 4 tables left for the time you chose.

Edited by ighten