"Sports Bar" on Norwegian Jewel?

InTheWASide

Hey there, about to go on Norwegian Jewel for a 10 day Alaska cruise and in the process we'll be missing two Seahawks games on 9/20 and 9/27. Hoping there may be a way to catch the game on the ship.

Sounds unlikely they would be broadcasting in the room but does anyone know if they have local games in whatever bar has been designated as the "sports bar" (if there is one) and on that note which bar it would be on Jewel (if there is).

Thanks for the help!

Hey there, about to go on Norwegian Jewel for a 10 day Alaska cruise and in the process we'll be missing two Seahawks games on 9/20 and 9/27. Hoping there may be a way to catch the game on the ship.

Sounds unlikely they would be broadcasting in the room but does anyone know if they have local games in whatever bar has been designated as the "sports bar" (if there is one) and on that note which bar it would be on Jewel (if there is).

Thanks for the help!

just off the Jewel-on deck 6 "bar city", they have a few TV's behind the bar and next to one of them is are a few couches with some tv's. there were also tv's behind the bar at O'Sheehan's-I think there were issues with the system because every bar set had same channel

if you really care about watching, the internet packages include wifi throughout the ship, using your laptop/phone/tablet (charged by time, not data usage)

I think they sometimes broadcast games in the "atrium" area on the big screen half way up the staircase. I don't know how often they do that, or if it's only for playoffs, etc., but I'm pretty sure I read mention of it in a review (but I read it weeks ago, so no idea which review)

just off the Jewel-on deck 6 "bar city", they have a few TV's behind the bar and next to one of them is are a few couches with some tv's. there were also tv's behind the bar at O'Sheehan's-I think there were issues with the system because every bar set had same channel

if you really care about watching, the internet packages include wifi throughout the ship, using your laptop/phone/tablet (charged by time, not data usage)

Thanks. Didn't think about O'Sheehans possibly having them. I think of Pearl's setup and still think of that space as Blue Lagoon and the always abandoned Mexican restaurant :) Good to know Bar City has them too. I'll keep an eye out and cross my fingers.

Internet is just too expensive so if I HAVE to I'll check the score when we get to the first port and get excited/piss and moan appropriately :)

I think they sometimes broadcast games in the "atrium" area on the big screen half way up the staircase. I don't know how often they do that, or if it's only for playoffs, etc., but I'm pretty sure I read mention of it in a review (but I read it weeks ago, so no idea which review)

That would be awesome. Might ask as soon as I get onboard :D

I found the below information on NCL's forum site... enjoy! The Seahawks should be one of the featured games on an Alaskan cruise.

"Yes, NFL games are available in your stateroom TV and the bars around the ship. There is a large screen in the atrium that they use for presentations. They use the same screen to play movies and NFL football games. You will find the game schedules in the onboard newsletter."